Kubernetes and Istio with Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
What you'll learn
- Students will learn about Kubernetes, Istio and AWS EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service)
- Candidates should know Docker basics and how to push and pull images from DockerHub. However the course covers basics of Docker.
- There are some pre-requisites before going into AWS EKS - VPC, ELB, IAM, EC2 etc. Introductory video covers more about the pre-requisites.
- If students are not comfortable with AWS services mentioned in the pre-requisites, then it will be very difficult for them to comprehend EKS portion of the course.
The Course is divided into 3 parts -
Part 1 - Kubernetes and its objects (Deep Dive). In this part I will talk about Kubernetes and its various resources like Pods, Deployments, Services, Namespaces, Storage, Security etc.
Part 2 - Istio (High Level). In this part I will introduce you to Istio Service Mesh and talk about Ingress Gateway, Virtual Service, Destination Rules, Kiali etc.
Part 3 - AWS EKS (Deep Dive). In this part I dive deep into AWS EKS, which is managed kubernetes provided by AWS. This section has some pre-requisites. Please check my introduction video for the pre-requisites
Who this course is for:
- Cloud Architects
- Micro-services architect
- Application Developers
- People who want to learn Kubernetes and Istio. Also, how to leverage AWS cloud for Kubernetes