Improve your written communication & learn essential email etiquette & professional business English phrases
What you'll learn
- Write effective Emails for a variety of professional situations
- How to use the correct level of formality in your writing
- Over 250 phrases for use in professional Emails and correspondence
- How to follow the correct email etiquette
- How to avoid common mistakes in your email writing
- The process of business writing - PDF (Plan, Draft, Finalise)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with your readers through the 4 C's of Reader-friendly writing (Clear, Concise Courteous and Correct)
- ESL learners should have at least an intermediate level of English (B1 in CEFR)
Do you need to write emails at work? Are you worried that your emails are not clear or that you make mistakes in your written English?
In this course, you will learn how to write well structured, professional emails using the correct level of formality.
Writing for business is the ideal course for anyone who needs to improve their business correspondence skills.
The course will show you how to write professional emails and other correspondence in English from beginning to end, in simple, clear steps.
Writing for business will help you to:
- Write properly structured emails
- Use the correct level of formality in emails and correspondence
- Use the correct email etiquette to build better professional relationships
- Learn over 250 of the most commonly used phrases in business writing
- Plan, draft and finalise your professional documents
- Analyse your reader so you can determine the best way to approach them
- Apply the 4 C's of reader-friendly writing to make your correspondence clear, concise, courteous and correct
- Avoid embarrassing errors in your writing
- Proofread your document so it is error-free
- Introduction to email writing
- Emails and letters
- Email etiquette
- The process of business writing
- Reader friendly writing
This course is appropriate for anyone who needs to write professional emails and documents.
The course is primarily designed to help ESL students learn how to write professional emails and documents, whilst more experienced writers or native English speakers can develop or refresh their business writing techniques.
Please note that Writing for business is designed to help improve your business writing skills (emails, letters, memos, reports and proposals). Although some of the ideas apply to all writing, this is NOT a course on writing fiction, nonfiction, blogs, poetry, or academic papers.
Writing for business also includes
- Over 30 practical lectures for the most common business contexts
- Over 2 hours of lectures
- Supplementary activities
- A course workbook featuring over 250 essential phrases for written business communication
- Business English learners looking to improve their written communication
- Intermediate to Advanced ESL students
- Anyone who writes emails and other documents at work and wants to improve their writing style and etiquette
- Native English speakers who want to learn about email style, structure and etiquette