Master the Art of Writing the Academic Essay
What you'll learn
- What it takes to succeed in writing for college
- Overcome your fears of writing--and GET STARTED!
- Understand the STEPS to successful college writing
- Overcome writer's block and silence your inner Critic
- How to face that blank page or screen--and keep the ideas flowing
- Craft a strong, powerful, effective thesis statement
- Compose clear, cohesive body paragraphs
- Write engaging, compelling introduction and conclusion paragraphs
- Polish your essay to fix any grammar, spelling, or punctuation issues
- Discover insider tips that will help you to instantly impress your professors with your work
- Achieve confidence in your writing abilities
- The 6 most common essay types you'll face in college--and how to write them successfully
- Basic working knowledge of English grammar
- Be ready to become a better writer!
This course covers the essential skills needed to write successful college essays. You'll receive insider tips on how to write strong, engaging, interesting essays that win you top scores and high praise from your professors. You'll also deepen your confidence in your writing abilities and emerge from this course a better communicator!
You'll view engaging video lectures and discover the tips top students know for mastering the art of academic writing. You'll also have the opportunity to practice and apply the techniques you learn in the course! You gain access to reviews, quizzes, and homework assignments to ensure understanding--and all resources have a detailed answer key so you understand WHY your answers are correct.
The course is structured with YOU, the student, in mind. I'll walk you through the process of writing a college essay, from the second your start reading the assignment prompt though developing ideas to revising and polishing the final product. We'll even cover how you can ensure your papers impress your professor from the second he/she begins reading.
You'll emerge from this course armed with the knowledge and abilities you need to be successful in writing--and not just in college writing, but in all the various forms of communication required of you in the modern world, including and especially the professional world that awaits you beyond your graduation. Plus, we'll have fun along the way, so register NOW, and let's get you started on the path to becoming a better writer!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to better understand college writing--and how to succeed in their academic writing assignments