What Every Engineering Student "Must Know" about Complex Numbers - Calculations, Operations, Formulas and Solving Rules
What you'll learn
- Definition and representation forms
- Imaginary unit "j" and its square & cube
- Converting rectangular to polar form
- Purely real & purely imaginary numbers
- Converting polar to rectangular form
- Modulus, magnitude or amplitude
- Rules of calculations (no matter the form)
- Angle in radians and degrees
- Multiplication and division operations
- Addition and subtraction operations
- Application to phasors, voltages, currents, impedance and complex power
- Complex conjugate and finding negative of a complex number
- High school knowledge of numbers and basic operations with real numbers
- Some understanding of trigonometry would be very beneficial, especially Sine, Cosine and Tangent
- Knowledge of electric Voltage and Current in order to understand application of complex numbers to Electrical Engineering
Kick start your Electrical Engineering abilities and overcome the most common roadblock to success in solving electrical circuits!
Complex Numbers course will provide you with necessary, yet often overlooked mathematical background, so much needed for every Electrical Engineering student. A basis that will help you with number of courses (no pun intended) you'll need to pass to get your Engineering degree. Understand the real hidden prerequisite behind phasors and A/C circuits analysis.
Get ready to zoom through your ee problems with confidence and nonchalantly solve for Voltage and Current phasors, equivalent Impedance and Reactive power compensation, to name a few...
I will reveal to you the critical concepts related to complex numbers: we will start from basics and introduce two representation forms, learn how to convert complex numbers, conjugate them, negate them, rotate them, flip them and perform necessary operations with them. From addition and subtraction to multiplication and division, no matter what their form is. Finally, I will teach you the application of complex numbers in Electrical Engineering through phasors, impedance and complex power.
The course is your track to obtaining mathematical skills you knew you won't be able to get away from, the moment your teacher mentioned A/C circuits! This course will take you from struggling with complexities to successfully applying complex numbers. It will help you become intimately familiar with fundamental tool in solving complex Alternating Current circuits.
So what else is in it for you?
You’ll get solutions to over 50 different problems, ever increasing in their difficulty so you are not left in the dust. This approach will take you from beginner to expert!
You’ll gain instant access to all 3 main sections of the course! In future, you will also have access to 2 extra sections that will be developed specifically for beginners to catch-up and advanced students to round-up their knowledge. In addition, after every lesson, an additional lesson will be provided containing exercise problems and questions - and of course answers and solutions to all of those.
The course is setup to quickly take you step by step, through the process of dealing with complex numbers in many different ways. It will equip you with the knowledge to handle and perform complex calculations and obtain solutions independently. You will be stunned as to how easy the complex numbers really are!
Don’t believe me? I offer you a full money back guarantee within the first 30 days of purchasing the course.
Here’s what you get with the course:
You’ll get access to the 3 main sections of the course that will teach you the fundamentals of complex numbers from the ground up. The course is supported with over 45 minutes of clear content that I walk you through each step of the way.
All at your fingertips instantly.
- The course starts with the basics. You will get an in depth understanding of the fundamentals of complex numbers. Fundamentals are the most important part of building expert knowledge and skills. You will learn everything from what is number axis all the way up to different representation forms of complex numbers and conversions.
- Next you’ll learn how to perform operations with complex numbers and how to apply multiplication to actually divide two complex numbers. You will be learning to handle imaginary unit "j" in every way: multiplication, division, squaring, cubing, finding reciprocal value and using it to rotate other complex numbers.
- Once you’ve learned complex number operations, you are going to learn how to conjugate and negate complex numbers as well as how to apply those in formulas to solve your circuits.
- Then you are going to learn how to use your complex numbers knowledge in real Electrical Engineering problems. Being able to apply complex numbers in calculation of phasor Voltages and Currents is a very important aspect when it comes to solving A/C circuits.
- At this point you’ll be ready to start solving more complex problems involving finding equivalent Impedance. We will spend a great deal of time learning how to deal with series and parallel connection of Impedances through our knowledge of complex numbers.
- Next you’re going to learn how to apply complex numbers to Complex Power and I will make connection with the real and imaginary components of Complex Power: Active and Reactive Power, as well as magnitude that is called Apparent Power.
- Lastly you will gain access to the bonus resource - a "cheat-sheet" of formulas to help you in future prepare your Electrical Engineering exams.
- How to interpret axes and complex plain
- Representation fundamentals
- Polar and rectangular representations
- How to use imaginary unit "j"
- Conversion between different representation forms
- Operations with complex numbers
- Dividing complex numbers using multiplication
- Conjugation and negation
- Application to phasor Voltages and Currents
- Finding equivalent Impedances
- What is Complex Power in A/C circuits
- Complex number role in Electrical Engineering
- Personal contact with me, the course instructor
- Lifetime access to course materials including ALL future additions, updates and improvements
- Understanding of how to masterfully compute complex number problems
- Downloadable resources to help you along the way
- Personally verified and edited captions in English (no inaccurate, automatically-generated captions)
This all comes under one convenient easy to use platform. Plus you will get fast, friendly, responsive support on the Udemy Q&A section of the course or direct message.
I will be here for you every step of the way!
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now and change your engineering world today!
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineering students
- Other Engineering students who need to pass Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Anyone who needs to design, analyze or solve Alternating Current (A/C) circuits
- Enthusiasts looking for "missing link" to understand phasors, impedance or reactive power