Learn ACID, Indexing, Partitioning, Sharding, Concurrency control, Security, Database Engines, Best Practices and More!
What you'll learn
- Learn and understand ACID Properties
- Sharding and Partitioning
- Concurrency Control
- Database System Designs
- Difference between Database Management System, Database Engine and Embedded database
- Database Engines such as MyISAM, InnoDB, RocksDB, LevelDB and More
- Benefits of Using one database engine over the other
- Switching Database Engines with MySQL
- Database Security (TLS, Homomorphic Encryption etc.)
- Basic understanding of database systems
Database Engineering is a very interesting sector in software engineering. If you are interested in learning about database engineering you have come to the right place. I have curated this course carefully to discuss one of the main concepts of database engineering.
Database engines or storage engines or sometimes even called embedded databases is a software library that a database management software uses to store data on disk and do CRUD (create update delete) Embedded means move everything in one software no network client-server. In this video course, I want to go through the few popular database engines, explain the differences between them and finally I want to spin up a database and change its engine and show the different features on each engine.
Who this course is for:
- Software Engineers and Database Engineers