Learn the basics of Laboratory Information Management Systems and how these help provide efficiency in a laboratory.
What you'll learn
- Purpose, function, features, and core components of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Applications of LIMS in patient registration, billing, contract management, and accounts receivable
- Difference between Worklist and Workflow integrated within LIMS
- Guidelines on Quality Control and Barcode generation, printing, and reading
- Principle behind the use of a Bi-directional Interface
- Basic knowledge of Laboratory Science
- Basic knowledge in Health Informatics
This short course is designed to provide an introduction to Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). Each module will help you understand the different features and functions that allow users to effectively manage samples and their associated data. You will also learn about the amazing flexibility of LIMS to automate workflows, integrate with instruments or analyzers, and process information with other applications. After this course, you will have a deeper appreciation of the processes behind the powerhouse that make a laboratory very successful. What's more, you will earn a certificate of completion which can be used to augment your resume or curriculum vitae.
Increase your knowledge and skills - start learning today!
Who this course is for:
- Clinical Laboratory Scientists
- Medical Technologists
- Students of Laboratory Science
- Students of Health Informatics
- Lab Professionals