Learn Kotlin Coroutines in depth and practice advanced Coroutines use cases in Android application
What you'll learn
- Use Kotlin Coroutines to implement the most common flows in Android applications
- Learn the best practices of software design with Coroutines
- Understand Coroutines cancellation and error handling in details
- Write unit tests using Coroutines
- Debug the most common issues in Coroutines-based code
- Grasp the bigger picture of Structured Concurrency
- Basic experience with Android and Kotlin
This course is your complete guide into the world of Kotlin Coroutines in Android. By the end of this course, you will feel confident to use Coroutines to write reliable, maintainable and responsive applications.
The philosophy of this course is "learn by coding", so you're going to master Coroutines by solving a series of carefully designed, hands-on exercises. These exercises are built into a tutorial Android application to make them as similar to the "real world" as possible. Therefore, you'll gain practical experience with Coroutines in various typical scenarios that you'll surely encounter in your own Android apps.
All aspects of Coroutines framework are covered in this course:
- Coroutines as concurrency framework
- Suspending vs blocking functions
- Coroutine scope, context and jobs hierarchy
- Coroutines cancellation
- Exceptions handling inside Coroutines
- Structured Concurrency
- Unit testing with Coroutines
- and more...
We will go beyond the functionality of Coroutines framework itself and discuss important design considerations that you need to be aware of to write code that both works right now, and will also be maintainable in the long term.
Given the ever-increasing adoption of Kotlin, it's evident that Coroutines are the future of concurrency in Android world. Therefore, knowledge of this framework is going to become a mandatory skill for Android developers going forward. After completing this course, you'll be able to write reliable and maintainable concurrent code in Android projects using Coroutines framework, and you'll be able to answer even the most tricky questions about this framework at job interviews.
So, if you're serious about Android development and you want to master Kotlin Coroutines, this course is a perfect match for you!
Who this course is for:
- Professional Android developers