- Extra Resources
What you'll learn
- Web Hacking
- Website defacement
- Tampering Cookies
- Hacking Admin Passwords
- Hack Bank Accounts to Transfer Money
- Stealing email mailing lists
- Reversing Encryption
- Tampering voting pages
- Hacking website database
- How to crack software serial number keys
- Remove Nag Screen Reminders asking you to register
- Convert Trial Software to Fully Functional Software
- Extend 30-day Trial Period Software
- Learn Reverse Engineering and Assembly Language
- Browser Spoofing
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Port scanning
- Log Injection Attacks
- Computer Forensics
- Hacking Captchas
- Basic understanding of GET and POST requests
- A PC, Linux not required
- Basic knowledge in C, Assembly Language and Win32 API would be helpful but not mandatory
If you want to learn ethical hacking & also reverse engineering the fun and easy way like playing a computer game, then this course is for you. There exists on the Internet several websites which allows people to hack and also to reverse software. These websites typically have different levels from easy to advanced. By solving each level and gradually levelling up, you will learn hacking and reversing. All you need is a PC. In this course I am only using a Windows PC to do ethical hacking and reverse engineering.
The website we will be hacking is DefendTheWeb which is a popular hacker's playground where hackers play hacking games reminiscent of CTF (Capture the Flag) and learn at the same time. However, without some help and guidance you will find it quite challenging. Hence this course. I will walk through each level from Basic to Realistic.
For the Reverse Engineering lessons, you will learn how to reverse CrackMe's. A CrackMe is a small program designed to test a programmer's reverse engineering skills.
These CrackMe's typically have different levels from easy to advanced. By solving each level and gradually levelling up, you will learn reverse engineering (reversing). Traditionally, reverse engineering is taught by first learning C/C++, assembly language and then debugging. Note that we do not crack software nor condone the act of cracking software.
The crackme's we will be reversing is provided by CrackingLessons and Crackmes One which are a popular reverser's playground . Information on solving crackmes on the Internet is terse and unstructured. Hence this course. I will walk through each level just like in a classroom where you can follow along and ask questions in the Q & A section. All you need is a PC running Windows.
Great way to learn Web Development, Information Technology (IT), Assembly programming and Reverse Engineering:
Who this course is for:
- Web developers who have no knowledge on hacking
- Students who want to learn hacking the fun way by hacking real websites (legally)
- Those who enjoy computer games and want to try hacking as a game
- Programmers who want to level up their skill to reverse engineering software
- IT or computing students who want to know how software works internally