Build and deploy - Real world Movie Browser Progressive Web Application (PWA) using the latest version (16.3.0) of React
What you'll learn
- React fundamentals
- Creating Stateful and Stateless components
- Create Single-Page-Application (SPA) using React-Router-DOM
- Access RESTful services from 3rd party service providers (Open Movie Database API)
- Make the React application a PWA using ServiceWorker
- Build a production version of our app
- Deploy our app on Google's Firebase hosting service
A Progressive Web App or PWA is a web application that has a set of capabilities (similar to native apps) which provide an app-like experience to users. PWAs need to meet a set of essential requirements that we'll see next. PWAs are similar to native apps but are deployed and accessible from web servers via URLs, so we don't need to go through app stores.
A PWA needs to be:
- Progressive: Work for every user, regardless of browser choice, because they are built with progressive enhancement as a core tenet.
- Responsive: Fit any form factor, desktop, mobile, tablet, or whatever is next.
- Connectivity independent: Enhanced with service workers to work offline or on low-quality networks.
- App-like: Use the app-shell model to provide app-style navigation and interactions.
- Fresh: Always up-to-date thanks to the service worker update process.
- Safe: Served via HTTPS to prevent snooping and ensure content has not been tampered with.
- Discoverable: Are identifiable as "applications" thanks to W3C manifests and service worker registration scope allowing search engines to find them.
- Re-engageable: Make re-engagement easy through features like push notifications.
- Installable: Allow users to "keep" apps they find most useful on their home screen without the hassle of an app store.
- Linkable: Easily share via URL and not require complex installation.
In detail, this course will cover everything you need to build amazing PWAs - leading to a score of 100 (out of 100) in Google's PWA auditing tool "Lighthouse".
But things have changed since the introduction of Single Page Applications (SPAs). React JS makes it very easy for us to create such SPAs.
Using these components, you can quickly develop amazing and powerful web apps. These components are completely reusable.
By the end of the course, you can build amazing React (single page) applications!
Who's teaching you in this course?
My name is Vinod Kumar Kayartaya, I'm a freelance web developer, consultant and a full time professional software trainer. All of my Udemy courses have received a very warm appreciation with very good ratings.
Since I have an enormous experience in the I.T. teaching industry, I know exactly what a student is looking for when learning a new technology. This way, I would have answered your question, even before you ask them.
For all of my courses, I start from the very basic installation of softwares and tools, and get you started with coding.
This is completely a hands-on training, bringing all the best practices that a developer should follow in his/her projects.
Here are some of the feedbacks given by my students:
Best instructor and best trainer on Udemy. Quick Response and very friendly .i have been checked out many angularJS courses (very long tutorials) around 30 hours on Udemy. but vinod Sir within 5 & 6 hours who taught every things very simple.he has good knowledge and good experience on Teaching method.i recommend this course .?? (Sithat iffazer)
This is a great and simple course for beginners. Wish the Author build more courses like this for angular 7. With a real DB, auth etc... Thanks and ThumbUp
The Course was clear and concise and touches upon the important Angular features. (Harsh Kedia)
Step by step learning,explain everything easy and clear. Perfect for beginners! (Dragan Stevanovic)
I have not yet completed the course. But I am very much confident, after completing this course, it would be wonderful experience. So far it's going very well. This course is simply superb. The tutor - Vinod, is simply great. He explained difficult concepts in a simplest way. He knows how to make a teaching session an interesting and informative one. Thanks to you Udemy for this opportunity and special thanks to Vinod. (Venkatesh)
Very helpful. I like the way trainer Vinod makes things so simple to understand. (Robinet Gimlet)
Very detail oriented. Explained all possible ways in each section i.e. environment setup(eclipse, tomcat, h2 DB), application development to deployment, testing with postman, error handling, eclipse shortcuts. (Hemalatha Bhimavarapu)
I got to learn so many new things from this course and very well explained, Thank you! (Tushar Patil)
It is very well and detailed any one can understand and learn the course. I would recommend it to others. (Ashwini Iyer)
Great Course, the instructor was easy to follow and help me understand the subject better. Thank u. (Aida Hailu)
So, see you inside the course,
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to develop awesome web/mobile apps using React
- UI Developers
- Backend developers who are planning to switch to frontend app development