Learn all Bash Basics then Master True Shell Scripting by Creating 6 Ready to use Scripts of incremental difficulty
What you'll learn
- Be able to write your own Shell scripts
- If-Else statements
- Strings, variables and files manipulation
- Advanced Arithmetic expressions
- Loops through files and folders
- The Path Environment Variables
- Create 6 Shell Scripts that solves a real world problem
- Input and Output Redirection
- and more...
- Extremely Basic knowledge of the terminal
Do you know any real and practical Bash Shell script?
There is a lot of abstract Bash Scripting that shows you isolated elements of bash programming.
However this can go only so far. You will not be ready for real world programming in your job if you have a theory based knowledge.
In this Course We will cover ALL the basics of terminal and bash scripting thoroughly, but without wasting any time,
we will then focus on 6 Real World Bash Scripts that you can use in your everyday life as a programmer.
They are carefully selected to build all the skills you need in Bash Scripting.
For this Reason they are of incremental complexity.
We will present and explain in details a command or a practice in Bash Scripting ONLY when it will be used in one of our main real world scripts, and we will build it together step by step, showing you the best practices when programming a real script.
In this way, not only will you learn ALL the fundamental ( and even some advanced ) elements in Bash Scripting, but you will know how to apply those in a Real scenario to solve a Real Problem.
Everything is explained at a slow pace and thoroughly to make sure you can follow along.
Even if you never used the command line, the First 2 Sections will teach you all the tools necessary to use the command line and start writing your shell scripts, nothing important is left out, nothing useless is left in.
By the end of the course you'll be writing your own Shell Scripts, in particular you will learn how to:
- Use the command line
- Automate tasks using Shell Scripts
- Create and use variables in your scripts
- Manipulate variables to a wide extent
- Use Wildcards
- Use Input and output Redirection
- Source subshells
- Make decisions by using if-else statements
- Loop through files and folders
- Make decision based on strings, variables or files
- Use arithmetic expression
- Use advanced computations with the BC command line environment
- Scripts with parameters and how to "shift"
- Change the Internal field separator plus why and when to do so.
- Use Arrays
- How to properly use your PATH, and a script to work with it
- Create Shell Scripts that solves real world problems
- and much more...
- Move back any numbers of directories you want in the terminal
- Find the longest string inside any text file
- Performs computations that terminal normally does NOT allow
- Read files in your Linux system that have particular separators ( not the usual space )
- Get clear Information of files in your PATH, the most important environment variable of your system
- Use arrays to know how many times your files were modified during the day
Writing these scripts will allow you to develop an actual skill in creating scripts to solve real problems.
You can Become a Programmer in Bash Scripting who knows how to solve actual problems.
and You can start now.
As soon as you start you can introduce yourself and ask me anything in the Q&A section.
Looking forward to reply you there!
Looking forward to see you there.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who would like to learn how to automate tasks with the terminal
- Anyone familiar with the Terminal but not with Shell Scripting
- Anyone who wants to learn by creating
- Anyone who wants to see and learn simple real world bash scripts