What you'll learn
- ***Download lectures (for offline viewing)
- What exactly the Document Object Model is
- Why the Document Object Model is so important for web developers
- Learn how your website can come alive with actions, like zitsy changes on clicks, colour wheels, dropdowns, response on form submissions and much more
- Have fun mastering front-end website development
- Build awesome dynamic front-end applications
- Practical - build awesome dynamic front-end applications with me
- How your browser creates a DOM tree
- Become a pro at creating elements in the DOM
- Parent, Sibling and Children DOM relationships
- The different types of Nodes
- The difference between an HTMLCollection and NodeLists
- How you can find the DOM
- How you can access elements in the DOM
- Master the skill of traversing (walking) up and down the DOM
- How to remove items from the DOM
- Cloning elements in the DOM
- From beginner to expert (advanced +)
- You will emerge an expert
- Gives you depth of knowledge to boost your ability and confidence
- I am here to support you, step-by-step
- Parent, Sibling and Children DOM relationships
Let me share my new front-end web development secrets with you
Understanding the DOM will equip you to become an awesome front-end programmer. Learn how to implement your creative, different and dynamic ideas into your website. Master front-end development and you’re half way to becoming a full stack web developer. Take control through understanding. Delivering an interactive web experience is challenging.
What this course covers?
This course is Course 1 of 2
This course is the first course of a 2-part program. The reason I have done this is that Course 1 provides everything you need to start coding dynamic sites by yourself. It gives you the sound fundamentals and practicals regarding the DOM. It can be taken alone (you don’t have to do Course 2) to achieve your goals. You will emerge from Course 1 with a basic understanding and practical experience. It will take you to the point where you will understand what the DOM is, why we need it, how to access it, where to find it and how to manipulate it. This is awesome knowledge. Course 2 provides a whole different world of fun with amazing practical examples that will captivate you and catapult you to the next level and set you well on your way to becoming a true Grandmaster in front-end web development.
In this course you’ll learn about front-end Web Development, by mastering the Document Object Model.
Why do you need to know about the DOM?
So, you know some HTML, you’ve created your first tags, learned about CSS, made awesome forms, star-gazing buttons, responsive pages and have started to create dynamic and interesting pages.
But now you want to do more: “How can I add animation (and life) to my page? I wish I could give an error message to a user who incorrectly submits a form!”
And this is where the DOM comes into the picture. and where this course(s) provide you with an opportunity to grow in your skills.
To cut a long story short, we use the DOM to allow users to interact with our app. It doesn’t have to be annoying interaction either – simple things like giving the user the ability to ADD/EDIT/DELETE/UPDATE contents on your page, for example, requires interaction with the DOM.
Knowledge of the DOM is incredibly useful for understanding how your webpage can be improved.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to “speak” DOM by gaining an understanding of where you can find it, how you can access it, and more importantly, how you can manipulate it. We dig deeper in every lecture, learning about things like Nodes, the difference between HTTPCollections vs NodeLists, and a whole bunch more! This course has many bonus lectures which extend your knowledge base and test your skills.
*** The most important Web Development course on Udemy ***
Successful programmers know more than rote learning a few lines of code. They also know the fundamentals of how your browser represents your HTML code and works behind the scenes. If you’re wanting to become a full stack developer, you need to know how to deal with the DOM. You need to know how to access it, how to manipulate it, and how to dynamically interact with it.
I want you to become a successful front-end programming Grandmaster.
I want you to be able to apply what your learn in this course to your webpage.
This course is perfect for you.
Hi there, my name is Clyde and together we’re going to learn how successful web developers can create whizbang websites that are dynamic and engaging!
The root to understanding how to be a professional front-end web developer is understanding the Document Object Model and applying it to practical situations. We're going to practice and learn and emerge confident to tackle any challenges modern programs and websites throw at us.
After completing a few university degrees, and post graduate studies, I developed a fascination for web design and software languages. For several years I have immersed myself in this. I spent a fair bit on top courses and went on to apply the knowledge practically. I recognized gaps in some of the courses I’ve taken and hence my course teaches what I wish I was taught. My intention is to share the knowledge with you in an easy to follow manner, so that we can benefit together. You benefit form learning, and I from sharing in your success.
This course is for beginners and for intermediates.
A unique view
Understanding the DOM is a vast topic. To get you up to speed, I’ve spent months thinking about where to focus content and how to deliver it to you in the best possible way.
You will learn "why" things work and not just "how". Understanding the fundamentals of the DOM is important as it will give you infinite possibilities. Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be able to create applications that update the data of the page without needing a refresh. You will be able to create apps that are customizable by the user. You can even allow the user to drag, move, and delete elements. Can you begin to see how important the DOM is?
How is this course different?
There are lots of great courses that focus on web development. Pity they never get into the detail about how the Document Object Model works behind the scenes – a skill that every full-stack developer needs to master.
In this course, I focus on true web development in the front end. This includes understanding what nodes are, looking at the Document node (this is different from the document object by the way), understanding the DOM tree structure, what the different types of nodes there are, and how you can use the DOM to access elements on your page and manipulate them.
Practice makes perfect
Theory is theory … but there’s nothing like getting behind your computer and typing in code. That’s why we will be coding, laughing and pulling out our hair together as we code real life websites and exercises during this course.
I love practical examples, which is why we build simple pages and analyze the DOM together.
Is this course for you?
It doesn't matter where you are in your web development journey. It's suitable for all levels.
Still unsure? If you fit in any of these categories then this course is perfect for you:
- Student #2: You want to know how successful developers build dynamic websites that engage with the user and put them ahead of the competition.
- Student #3: You want to gain a solid understanding of front-end web development.
- Student #5: You kinda know what the Document Object Model is, but have little knowledge about how it works behind the scenes, and how to practically implement it in applications.
- Student #6: You have taken other courses in web development but just don’t feel like you’ve grasped front-end development.
WHY START NOW?
Right this second, your competitors are learning how to become better web developers.
Web development is a blazing hot topic at the moment. But you have a distinct advantage. This course offers memorable learning topics, actionable tactics and real-world examples.
Lets get started!
What do you get?
- Lifetime access to all tutorial videos. No fees or monthly subscriptions.
- Q&A support.
- Quizzes and challenges to help you learn.
- I’ve allowed you to download all of my lectures for offline viewing.
- Let's get excited about becoming a professional web developer, and to be able to confidently apply it to your own websites.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has completed my Web Developments Secrets course
- NO: This course is NOT only for beginners. It is a complete beginner to advanced master course that is suitable for intermediates who know the basics and have an idea the DOM, but want to dig deeper to know its inner workings. Experienced students sometimes prefer to skip a section that they are very familiar with
- YES: This course is for someone wanting to be a professional, to be expert and confident in the entire front-end development process
- Those who want to learn modern coding without third party libraries and frameworks
- Those interested in building their own frameworks, or being better able to learn from the source code of other well-known frameworks and libraries
- Those who have some knowledge of web development, but little knowledge about how it works behind the scenes, and how to practically implement best practices in their websites