Build Real World Web Apps Using Node, Express, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and more...
What you'll learn
- Learn to create NodeJS applications
- Integrate Node ExpressJS apps with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Learn ORM and SQL to perform CRUD operations
- Implement server side pages using Mustache template engine
- Build 3 real world projects from start to finish
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is required
I have been training developers in one form or the other since 2005. At present I am the lead instructor at DigitalCrafts bootcamp where I teach full stack web development. This course is a result of 1000s of hours of training over the course of several years in which I trained more than 100 developers. Now those developers are working for companies like Apple, LinkedIn, Chase etc.
- Basic understanding of how the web works is recommended but not a must-have
- No NodeJS knowledge is required
Here is the outline of this course:
- Understanding NodeJS and Node Package Manager
- Installing and Running ExpressJS
- Understanding Routing
- Passing QueryString, Parameters and JSON
- Posting Data in Express
- Understanding Server Side Pages
- Building Template Server Side Pages Using Mustache
- Creating Reusable Components Using Express Partials
- Consuming Static Resources
- Developing Express Router
- Understanding and Implementing Middleware
- Integrating Session for ExpressJS Apps
- Debugging Node
- Setting Up PostgreSQL Database
- Learning Basic SQL Commands
- Performing CRUD Operations Using pg-promise for PostgreSQL database
- Encrypting and Persisting Secure Data Using brcrypt
- Toggling Menu Options based on the User Login Status
- Deployment to Heroku
- Understanding Object Relational Mapping
- Installing and Configuring Sequelize
- Performing CRUD Operations Using Sequelize
- Implementing One to Many Relationships in Sequelize
- Hosting PostgreSQL Database on ElephantSQL
- Understanding Document Databases
- Implementing JSON Web API Using ExpressJS
- Installing and Running MongoDB Database Server
- Performing CRUD Operations Using MongoDB
As a lead instructor at one of the top bootcamps I know that the best way to learn a new technology is utilizing your skills in a real world project. For this reason this course targets multiple projects to enhance your learning experience.
In this app you will learn how to use create server side pages using Mustache template engine. You will build a login and registration screen and eve customize the user’s page based on their credentials. This app integrates with PostgreSQL database using pg-promise library. Finally, you will learn how to deploy your app to Heroku server.
Sell Your Stuff
In this app you will learn how to create an ExpressJS website which allows the user’s to list their products for sale. You will learn how to integrate Sequelize ORM with your Node application. The project also covers how to upload images from your machine to your own server. Just like the previous app you will also implementing login and registration of the user.
Is this course for you?
If you have no NodeJS experience then you are going to enjoy this course. NodeJS is a very high in demand framework and after going through this course you can use your new skills to become a full stack web developer.
If you have novice NodeJS experience then about accessing PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases with pg-promise, Sequelize and mongoose.
- No knowledge of NodeJS is required
- Understanding of HTML and CSS is required
- Developers interested in server side frameworks