Explore Python and its features, and progress from beginner to being skilled in this popular scripting language
What you'll learn
- Build Python classes using object-oriented programming
- Manipulate files on the file system (open, read, write, and delete)
- Study practical examples and case studies to learn effective coding
- Learn to program in different stylistic paradigms for maximum code cleanliness depending on the application
- Develop new algorithms and solutions to problems by combining other algorithms in creative ways
- Write clean implementations that significantly improve an algorithm’s runtime by taking advantage of various tips and tricks
- Optimize performance and efficiency by leveraging NumPy, SciPy, and Cython for numerical computations
- Build reactive applications using Python
- Develop a stock price tracking application that will automate periodical checking of stock prices
- Build a mortgage refinance analysis tool app that allows you to quickly evaluate refinance offers
- Automate emails by building a tool to manage and send custom texts to a list of email addresses
- Prior knowledge of Python is not required.
- Basic understanding of computer programming will be helpful.
If you're looking to learn and master one of the most popular and powerful languages—Python, then Python Programming Essentials is the course for you. This 5-course bundle takes you from zero experience to a complete understanding of key concepts, edge cases, and using Python for real-world application development. You'll move progressively from the basics to working with larger complex applications. After completing this course, you'll have the skills you need to dive into an existing application or start your own project.
In the first course, you will learn how Python implements object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts of abstraction, encapsulation of data, inheritance, and polymorphism. You'll be given an overview of how imports, modules, and packages work in Python, how you can handle errors to prevent apps from crashing, as well as file manipulation.
Next, you will study the structure of a Python program and features that will help you clean up and simplify our code. You'll explore some good editors with built-in code analysis and linters to help guide you. The course shows some very helpful modules that will keep your code clean and prevent you from reinventing the wheel.
Moving ahead, you'll know how to develop complex algorithms that are easy to understand, debug, and reusable in various applications. You will learn the necessary theory and applications to properly understand the advanced algorithms and data structures that are critical to various problems and how to implement them.
This course will teach you how to use Python on parallel architectures. You'll learn to use the power of NumPy, SciPy, and Cython to speed up computation. Then you will get to grips with optimizing critical parts of the kernel using various tools. You will also learn how to optimize your programmer using Numba. You'll learn how to perform large-scale computations using Dask and implement distributed applications in Python; finally, you'll construct robust and responsive apps using Reactive programming.
Finally, you'll learn how to build scalable, resilient, and effective applications as real-world Python 3.x projects that suit your software requirements and also further your understanding of the Python programming language. You'll enhance your basic programming skills, taking them to another level, and easily build any Python 3.x projects you need.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to get ahead in Python programming.