Implement searching and sorting Algorithms in Python and learn how they work through engaging animations and projects.
What you'll learn
- How to Implement Searching and Sorting Algorithms in Python.
- Visualize how they work behind the scenes as the code runs.
- Compare the efficiency of these algorithms using Big O Notation.
- Relate each line of code with its main purpose in the algorithm.
- Learn the best case, the average case, and the worst case of each algorithm.
- Explain how these algorithms work and apply them to new scenarios.
- You will need to have Python 3 installed in your device.
- Basic Python Knowledge such as data types, variables, loops, conditionals, and functions.
- The Quick Refresher section offers a quick introduction to lists, tuples, and algorithmic time complexity.
- Basic Knowledge of Recursion - This is required for certain algorithms, so I provide links to helpful resources in case you need to refresh your knowledge.
Learn how to implement Searching and Sorting algorithms in Python. Understand how they work behind the scenes through a detailed visual and practical approach. Be able to relate each line of code to the actual inner workings of the algorithms as they run.
Enter the World of Computer Science and Algorithms with the Right Skills.
- Learn how to implement these algorithms in Python.
- Be able to explain how they work behind the scenes.
- Learn how to compare them based on their efficiency.
- Be able to apply them to new scenarios.
Basic knowledge of algorithms is vital for every developer. Searching and Sorting algorithms is a key topic commonly asked during technical interviews. Be one step ahead of your competition by learning these skills with this on-demand course. Python is the most popular and approachable programming language and its popularity continues to rise year-over-year.
Having a firm grasp of Searching and Sorting algorithms will not only help you during your job search, it will also enhance your computational thinking skills. Be able to dive into more advanced algorithms with the solid foundation that this course provides. With detailed and didactic slides, animations, explanations, and exercises, you will dive into the world of algorithms through an engaging and practical learning experience.
Content & Overview
With high quality video lectures that include graphics and animations, you will learn the following algorithms:
- Linear Search
- Binary Search
- Bubble Sort
- Selection Sort
- Insertion Sort
- Merge Sort
Course by the Numbers
- 1,050+ PDF slides.
- 96+ quiz questions.
- 23+ Downloadable Python files.
- 10+ PDF handouts.
- 10 coding exercises.
- 9 mini projects.
- High-Quality Video Lectures - Carefully designed graphics and animations.
- Coding Exercises with detailed solutions - Execute and test your code directly in the browser.
- Mini Projects with detailed solutions - Dive deeper into each algorithm by completing a mini project per section.
- Quizzes - Test your knowledge and receive instant feedback.
- Code with Print Statements - See how the algorithms work behind the scenes as the code runs.
- PDF Handouts - Each section has a PDF handout with a graphical and detailed summary of the algorithm.
- PDF Slides - You can download the PDF slides displayed in the videos.
- Articles - Detailed descriptions of key aspects of the topics to complement your knowledge.
This course is unique because of its emphasis on providing visual and detailed explanations of how the algorithms work behind the scenes, so you will not only learn how to implement them in Python, you will also learn how they work in such detail that you will be able to explain and visualize the steps of the process, given a particular input.
You will see how the algorithms work behind the scenes as the code runs with downloadable Python files that contain implementations with carefully designed print statements. No more trying to guess what is happening behind the scenes when the algorithm runs!
You will have access to unique downloadable PDF handouts specially designed for the course (one per section) with complete and graphical descriptions of the algorithms.
If you need to learn or refresh the basics of lists, tuples, and algorithmic time complexity, the course has you covered. The Quick Refresher section offers a short but comprehensive introduction to these topics through interactive video lectures, exercises, and didactic PDF handouts.
You will check your knowledge with short Quizzes after each main lecture. The Quizzes provide instant feedback, so you can see the correct answer immediately. The quiz questions were designed to make you think more deeply about the topics presented.
You will be able to download the PDF slides used in the videos, so you can take your learning material with you even if you don't have an internet connection when you commute to work. Study algorithms anywhere, at any time.
Finally, you will practice communications skills in the Mini Projects (one per section), where you will explain how the algorithms work step by step when they are applied to a particular input. Each mini project comes with a sample answer, so you will always be able to check your solution. Being able to explain how the algorithms work is a key skill during interviews.
You are very welcome to watch the preview lectures and check out the full course curriculum.
What are you waiting for? If you are looking for an engaging, visual, and practical course, you've found it.
Add "Searching and Sorting Algorithms in Python" to your resume and showcase your new skills!
Who this course is for:
- New programmers who have learned the basics of Python.
- Developers who wish to expand their algorithmic toolbox.
- Self-taught developers and Computer Science Students.
- Programmers who need to refresh their knowledge.
- Developers who are preparing for an interview.