Harness the Power of the Open-Source Radare2 for Your Reverse Engineering Projects
What you'll learn
- How to use Radare 2 to reverse engineer binaries.
- Disassembling binaries.
- Navigating in the binary.
- Debugging executables.
- Patching executables.
- Basic understanding of assembly.
- Basic understanding of the linux terminal
In this course we will learn about the Radare 2 reverse engineering framework. It is an open source free alternative to IDA Pro. I started to work with it because I think nobody will buy IDA Pro unless it is paid by your employer. Radare 2 is a perfect free alternative, its only disadvantage is that it could be hard to start using it. This is where this course comes in. My goal was to get you over the hard part as fast as possible. So that you can get comfortable with Radare 2.
These are the things you will learn in this course:
- Setting up Radare
- Understanding its syntax
- Understanding its config
- Information gathering about the binary
- Navigation in the binary
- Cross references
- Run-time debugging
- Patching the binary
- We are going to focus on the tool and not on assembly, so this is not an assembly course. You can follow along without understanding everything in assembly and that is fine, but don’t expect that you can learn assembly in a few hours.
- We will learn some reverse engineering techniques but it is not our goal to learn everything.
All exercises are hand-on, so you are expected to repeat the exercises yourself. I have done quite a lot of trainings myself, live or online, and I can tell you that without practicing they won't stick. This is a really practical training so I encourage you to try everything yourself, because just watching the videos will only give you the illusion that you learnt something, 80% of the learning happens when you do the exercises.
Who this course is for:
- People who already know basic reverse engineering and want to learn how Radare2.
- Hackers looking for a free tool instead of IDA Pro.