Building an ISP with MikroTik to distribute internet via different protocols such as DHCP & PPPoE using VLAN's & QOS
What you'll learn
- Understanding in depth what is DHCP and how it works
- Understanding in depth what is PPPoE and how it works
- Understanding how to use DHCP and PPPoE to distribute internet to customers
- Understanding how to use Mangle with QOS queeing to assign each customer a bandwidth speed on upload and download
- Understanding the use of PCQ Queuing
- Understanding what VLAN is and how to configure it on MikroTik
- Understanding what is the function of Access ports and Trunk ports when using VLAN's
- Understanding how to use VLAN together with DHCP and PPPoE to distribute internet to customers
- Understanding what is the need of Network Address Translation (NAT) and why we need to use it
- You should be familiar with TCP/IP Protocol
- You should have basic networking knowledge
- You should have a beginner knowledge level in MikroTik
- You should have Routing & Switching knowledge
Many of you would like to start an ISP or possibly are working for an ISP to distribute internet service to customers. For this, it requires a lot of technical knowledge to be able to:
- Reach the internet to the customer premises using technology such as DHCP or PPPoE
- Assign each customer a bandwidth speed
- Configure the ISP router to be able to divide the bandwidth per customer using VLAN's and QOS.
- Sometimes, helping the customer to configure Queuing on his bandwidth to assign each user in his LAN an equal/unequal bandwidth.
All LABs will be based on real MikroTik equipments and every LAB will be tested by end of each configuration to check if the goal is achieved the way we want.
During the course, I will explain in details and with LABS everything about DHCP, PPPoE, NAT, VLAN, QOS using PCQ queuing, Mangle using Prerouting/Postrouting and much more.
If you want to master all those topics, don't be late and register in my course and get started.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start an Internet Service Provider (ISP) using MikroTik routers
- Anyone who works in an ISP and would like to gain more knowledge in way to distribute internet via MikroTik routers