"A deep dive on using Serenity BDD for UI Automation"- Learn the essentials needed to master the Serenity BDD Framework!
What you'll learn
- Learn about the rich out of the box features of Serenity BDD framework
- Interact with Ui controls like Buttons, Links, Dropdowns, checkboxes, draggable etc
- Create re-usable code using Page Object Model design pattern
- Use Serenity BDD to write clean & concise UI Tests
- Data-Driven Tests using Serenity BDD & Junit
- Write BDD tests using Gherkin
- Source code management using Git/Github
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Basic knowledge of Core java, JUnit
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver
In the last decade, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of businesses that are now making it easier for consumers to do business online by having a website which supports multiple browsers & operating systems or mobile applications on multiple platforms like Android, IOS.
Software development teams are ensuring that the website gets tested continuously with the help of automated testing; so they end up investing heavily in developing custom automation frameworks. With custom frameworks, maintenance is costlier & sometimes can slow down the automation process. Also, it can become challenging to find developers who can develop a solid robust framework with excellent documentation, support etc.
Wouldn't it be great if we had a test framework that was robust, maintained, updated constantly to work with the latest binaries, had a plenty of support from user community, and supported different libraries?
Well the good news is there is such an opensource framework that is dedicated to meeting the above mentioned wishes. It is the Serenity BDD Framework (formerly know as Thucydides).
Serenity BDD is an open source test automation framework which comes integrated with many popular libraries like Selenium, Appium, Junit4, JBehave, Cucumber, Rest-Assured etc. It provides many out-of-the-box features which will support UI automation as well as API automation.
In this course, you will familiarize yourself with many of the important features Serenity provides & how they can be used to interact with Web Elements (the-internet-application) & also you will learn how to automate an application (J-Petstore) using Page Object Model design pattern & Cucumber library.
Below are some of the important topics that are covered in the course.
- Emphasis on the concept of DRY (don't repeat yourself) by creating reusable methods, utility methods etc. & organizing them.
- Learn how to interact with different web elements like radio button, links, edit box, drag drop etc. using inbuilt Serenity methods
- Learn synchronization (using Implicit & Explicit waits) in Serenity BDD
- How to handle mouse/keyboard interactions
- Automate a Pet store application using Page Object Model pattern
- Create Data Driven Tests
- Execute tests in Parallel
- Group/Run tests using Tags
- Learn to generate Test Data (using Faker API)
- Executing tests remotely on Selenium Grid, Docker & Zalenium using Serenity BDD (RECORDING IN PROGRESS)
- Create Cucumber Scenarios, Steps, Tags etc. & integrate with Serenity BDD
- Commit code to GitHub
- Create a CI environment by integrating project with Jenkins & GitHub
At the end of this course, you will be able to confidently automate Web Applications using the features provided by Serenity BDD framework.
Who this course is for:
- QA Engineers who want to learn how to use UI automation Framework
- Software engineers,SDETS who want to learn a new Test Automation Framework