What you'll learn
- Creating a controllable character from scratch with custom inputs and movement systems
- Advanced hitscan and projectile based weapon mechanics (equipping, reloading, ADS, FX, automatic fire, fire rate, bullet spread, recoil, and more)
- Artificial Intelligence behavior for enemies
- Advanced animation blueprints
- Advanced HUD elements
- Damage modifiers based on impacted body parts
- A fundamental understanding of Unreal Engine 4
This course will teach you how to make a first-person shooter game in Unreal Engine 4, whether you're UE4 knowledgable or a complete beginner. We will go step by step through the game-making process to show how we can set up a character from scratch, create weapons and AI, and tie it all up with common gameplay mechanics.
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to create your own first-person character and movement mechanics.
- Create advanced weapons in multiple ways (hitscan and projectile) of multiple types (automatic fire, burst fire, explosive, etc).
- Put together HUD elements to give your game that extra bit of polish (dynamic crosshairs, blood screens, directional damage indicators, interpolating health bars, and more).
- Create AI Characters that can sense you through sight, sound, or touch, and will have certain abilities such as being able to search for you if you get out of sight.
- Make a round-based spawning system to make your new creations turn into a game.
- Many other fun activities such as one-way collision, purchasable weapons and obstacles, ragdoll physics, game over screens, regenerative health, making 2D images out of 3D meshes, holding your weapon to your chest when near a wall, and much more.
- Master the ability to create a game in your vision.
Why Take This Course?
Even if first-person shooters aren't your interest, this course provides the steps necessary to create a video game from start to finish. You will learn many fundamental things about the game-making process and will be able to utilize that knowledge in the projects you work on from here on out. I'm excited to see what you can create because I understand what you're capable of. So are you ready?
Let's start making a video game!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to delve into Unreal Engine 4 or simply expand their skillset