Building modern websites is difficult. Preloading, routing, compression, critical CSS, caching, scaling, and compilers all make websites incredibly fast, but additional development and tools get in the way. Gatsby is a React.js framework that does everything for you.
This course will teach you how to create your own websites, and Gatsby will take care of the rest ™.
What will you build?
Together we are creating a website for the local pizzeria Slick's Slices. The site includes everything you come across when building a website today and is intended to serve as a good copy / paste reference for the sites you create.
Here are some of the topics we cover:
- Multiple data types
- Custom fields
- Progressive images
- Relational data
- CSS scope
- Retrieving data from REST API
- Receiving data from CMS
- Tags + Filtering
- Reusable components
- Dynamically generated pages
- Dynamic order form
- Client side fetching
- Cross-page status management
- SEO + meta tags
- Sending an order by email
- Deployment and hosting
We'll learn fun stuff like CSS variables, layouts with Grid (and sub-Grid!), Flexbox, clamp (), @supports queries, transforms, CSS scoping, responsive design, and more!
I wrote it down in such a way that the CSS video can be skipped if you don't want to learn CSS along the way.
This course is for anyone looking to learn how to create modern websites. Whether you want to create a new personal website or try out new technologies with your team, you will learn a lot in this course.
Who is this course for?
- React Developers - Apply Your Existing Skillset and Get Up to Gatsby Fast
- WordPress / Drupal Devs - Bring an existing backend and use Gatsby as the front end.
- Students - Build Your Personal Portfolio Website With Gatsby
- Agency Developers - Agencies love Gatsby because it builds quickly, easily exchanges code between projects, and does not require supervision after its creation because it compiles to HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Marketers - SEO optimized, easy to host, great for microsites.
- Designers - know a little CSS and JS? Bring your designs to life with Gatsby.
- New Developers - Gatsby and React.js are currently some of the best skills to include on your resume.
- People - I'm out of categories, I'm trying to tell you you should take the course!