Executive-level briefing focused on case studies & real-life examples. Johnson & Johnson alumni & 15+ yrs of experience
What you'll learn
- Executive briefing focusing how decision makers can utilize Workforce Analytics in creating their workforce strategy
- The business imperatives of linking workforce to business strategy
- Step-by step guide on aligning workforce strategy to business objectives
- Real-life success examples and case studies
- Understand the basic foundation of Workforce Analytics
- Basic knowledge of business
- Basic knowledge about talent management
- Be comfortable with numbers and basic statistics
To view our complete offering, search for "Jeff Higgins".
More about the Course
Executive briefing focused on case studies and examples to help talent managers consume analytics insights and better understand the role of Workforce Analytics in business and talent management decision-making. Designed for executives and managers.
Training is facilitated by Jeff Higgins, a recognized expert in Workforce Analytics and Workforce Planning across multiple industries from small to large corporations. This course is designed for HR practitioners.
What We'll Cover
- Understand the business imperative of Workforce Analytics and Planning
- Key metrics and ROI opportunities in every stage of the talent management lifecycle
- Elements and steps to build a winning analytics business case
- Step-by-step guide to aligning workforce to business strategy
- Real-life success examples and case studies
- How to use R and Python in talent management
- How to build machine learning program or statistical model
- How to set up SQL database or connect data from various sources
Section 0: Course Introduction
Section 1: The Business Imperatives for Workforce Analytics and Planning
- Section introduction and summary learning points
- Setting the stage: value creation in today’s marketplace
- Workforce Analytics: definition and evolution of analytics
- The challenges in measuring human capital
- Identifying key workforce questions
- Hands-on Exercise: Pick key human capital questions
- Building a business case for Workforce Analytics
- Linkage model and talent management lifecycle
- Recruiting and onboarding
- Internal mobility and career path
- Leadership and management
- Training and development
- Turnover and retention
- Performance and engagement
- Why bother aligning workforce to business strategy
- Linking workforce to business strategy
- Building a bridge between HR and Finance
- A step-by-step guide to link workforce to business strategy
- Workforce strategy linkage example: Oil & Gas
- Workforce strategy linkage example: Financial Services
- Hands-on Exercise: Linking workforce to business strategy
What Our Students Are Saying
Since 2009, HCMI’s expert training has helped hundreds of organizations strengthen their in-house workforce analytics & planning capability, including many Global 2,000 companies, nonprofits, healthcare organizations, and major government entities around the world.
"I don’t believe in testimonials, however this workshop more than lives up to the expectations. It was very well presented and answered many questions and created more–which is exactly what I needed on our journey in HR metrics." ~ Director Human Resources, Washington Health System
"This course is a ‘must’ for HR professionals. The ability to ‘manage by fact’ is a key competency, not only for business units, but also for HR practitioners." ~ Senior Vice President, HR at OCBC
"The Workforce Analytics Training workshop conducted by the Human Capital Management Institute provided a vast amount of information on various HR metrics. The numerous case studies they discussed during the workshop clearly demonstrated how the metrics can be used in organizations to provide valuable data for making business decisions. I would recommend this workshop to anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of the utilization of HR metrics." ~ Edison Mission Energy
"The excellent service your company has provided me through your assistance and feedback has given me, as a consumer, more reasons to conduct future purchases from you." ~ Fadi Radi, Napcogroup
"A practical easy to follow training session on workforce analytics. I will recommend this to anyone wishing to make smarter insightful human capital decisions." ~ Head of HR, World Bank Group
"Of all the workshops I’ve attended, this resonated continuously." ~ EDS, a Hewlett-Packard Company
"Very good training ground for HR professional who wanted to drive workforce analytics in the organization." ~Vice President, ASTRO
"Excellent materials that were very well presented." ~ ConocoPhillips Inc.
About Human Capital Management Institute (HCMI)
HCMI's mission is to fundamentally change how workforce decisions are made by linking people investments to business outcomes through advanced analytics and dynamic visualization. Nearly a decade ago we pioneered the rigorous financial measurement of Human Capital ROI with the Human Capital Financial Statement (HCF$™ ), a strategic tool for senior leaders to optimize workforce decisions regarding capability, capacity, cost, and performance.
In 2016, having developed sophisticated workforce analytics tools for 100's of consulting projects across the globe, we pioneered SOLVE™ Workforce Intelligence Software, the first workforce analytics software that links workforce investments to business outcomes. And in 2018, we create the HCMI Online Academy to provide on-demand global access to our world-class workforce analytics and workforce training curriculum.
Today, HCMI and SOLVE™ remain industry leaders. With our headquarters in the thriving technology hub of L.A.'s Silicon Beach and a presence 3 continents, we continue to innovate our technology and services to provide organizations with the actionable intelligence to maximize the return on their workforce investments.
Helping analysts, HR professionals and business leaders develop their Workforce Analytics and Planning capability since 2009.
Who this course is for:
- Executives curious about the benefit of evidence-based talent management
- Managers who want to see what it takes to use Workforce Analytics to improve their decision making process