Are there any prerequisites to learn BLENDER

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

Berlin Professor

TutFlixer
Oct 19, 2020
TIME
Thanks,
But is there a need to learn any (Abode softwares) as I don't know anything about (animation, character design, rigging, CGI, etc ...) and the content on youtube is really overwhelming, petrifying actually!

aceitachi123

TutFlixer
Sep 21, 2020
localhost
No, you don't need to learn any Adobe Software's to start Blender.

You may use them to Post Process some renders but Blender itself comes with some handy post processing features so, no. And like JediPower said, the only thing needed is a will to learn, and perseverance.

Happy Modelling.

Reactions: jedipower

jedipower

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
UK
@Good_boy Looking at the course trailer, I don't think that would be a course for someone who has not worked with 3D and animation before.

What I would do, if you're really set on doing this course, then I would first do the course instructors basic Blender tutorials on YouTube:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. He did those for the official Blender channel.

If you can follow and understand those videos, then you could give the animation course a shot. But, I wouldn't get too discouraged if the course is too difficult, since you're just starting out.

I would recommend that you watch this video by Blender Guru first:

A lot of courses look cool and shiny when one is just starting out, but it's massively important to really master the fundamentals first. I would start there.

Do the Grant Abbitt beginner tutorials on YouTube I suggested. Or find someone else that you like better that also does in depth beginner tutorials. Remember, not all instructors are for everyone, sometimes it comes down to finding one that has the right teaching style for you, or even a voice you can listen to for hours on end.

Some other beginner series suggestions:

Blender Guru:

CGBoost:

Master the fundamentals, then you're ready for a cooler course.

And, also it's important to ask yourself why you want to learn 3D. What do you want to make with it? Do you have something in mind that you really really want to create?

Make it a goal to do whatever it takes to learn the things you need to make that thing that you're so passionate about creating!

Write down your goals, and you'll have a much easier time getting there :) A good book on goal setting is: 'Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible' by Brian Tracy.

If you want a challenge, have lots of free time on your hand, don't get discouraged easily, and a burning desire to do whatever it takes to learn 3D, then watch:

Reactions: Podium

Latest resources