Best javascript tutorial for indepth knowledge

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
For Beginners, I really enjoyed the Modern JavaScript Bootcamp Course - Stephen Grider, Colt Steele ---> Both are great teachers. I bought the course and finished it. Initially, I was jumping here and there. As teachers, they manage to keep the student interested. The only one that comes close (for me) is Brad Traversy.

Then, for advanced, I am currently going through Frontend Masters JavaScript Path. It has all the depth one shall need as a starting dev, I suppose.

Anthony Alicea's course is also famous for depth, but I skipped that.

And yes, I started with Scrimba's free JS course and finished their JavaScript course in a couple of days.

The best text based resources:

Odin Project:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

freeCodeCamp:

JavaScript.info:

MDN:
MDN Full WebDev course: developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Front-end_web_developer

Last edited:

steve

TutFlixer
Sep 9, 2020
192.168. 1.1
Checkout The Modern Javascript Bootcamp. It has excellent three sections on promises and async stuffs in js.

Screenshot-from-2021-07-26-09-22-34.png

Wanderer

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Remote
There is no such thing as best thing in life. If you put totally yourself into something then it becomes a great thing!

Give JavaScript: The Hard Parts v2 a try,

Satoshi Kishimoto

Stack Satoshis whenever possible
TutFlixer
Oct 22, 2020
Chennai
Javascript is a very big subject tbh , you can't learn it through a single video course , it is hard to bootstrap all the things thats important in javascript into a single video course , I suggest you to read You don't know Javascript book , there are many parts , watch Akshay Saini youtube videos for truly understanding the underlying architecture and working of javascript , take time and master Javascript once and for all

Reactions: renderer

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Check out this
it has an in-depth section on asynchronous javascript.

I forgot to mention this, as I left it midway (it was getting tiring, and I couldn't handle the information overload :ROFLMAO:). Probably the most comprehensive single course on JS on Udemy. Yup, it's a great one as well.

A good project using JS:

Last edited:
Reactions: cantoon

SoulSurvivor7

TutFlixer
Dec 19, 2020
Check out this
it has an in-depth section on asynchronous javascript.
Yes, heard a lot of good things about this course.
Bought his advanced CSS course 2 years ago. But i found it quit boring. Videos are also too long.
The problem is also that most of the time you just code along with the instructor.
If you want to learn JS really fast. I encourage people just to try and build sh*t on their own.

That's why i recommend The Odin Project. The Odin Project will not handhold you. You will need to figure it out on your own most of the time. Developers are problem solvers. The Odin Project will give you the right mindset.

You will get frustrated. But once you finish a big project on your own, it will feel like you won the lottery lol.
This is the only way to be a JS master.

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
Bought his advanced CSS course 2 years ago. But i found it quit boring. Videos are also too long.
The problem is also that most of the time you just code along with the instructor.
If you want to learn JS really fast. I encourage people just to try and build sh*t on their own.

That's why i recommend The Odin Project. The Odin Project will not handhold you. You will need to figure it out on your own most of the time. Developers are problem solvers. The Odin Project will give you the right mindset.

You will get frustrated. But once you finish a big project on your own, it will feel like you won the lottery lol.
the only problem is that if we try to learn on our own , we'll end up reinventing the wheel , production grade/bug-free code is the need for this hour

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google

Agree. Javascript.info is legit.

@encephalitis
Ultimately learning will boil down down to projects. Check this one out for projects:
(free)
Another one: JavaScript Web Projects: 20 Projects to Build Your Portfolio

I think all legit names and resources for learning JS have now been covered through various inputs.

Also this thread:

And this was something I prepared via online research:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: encephalitis

steve

TutFlixer
Sep 9, 2020
192.168. 1.1
I forgot to mention this, as I left it midway (it was getting tiring, and I couldn't handle the information overload :ROFLMAO:). Probably the most comprehensive single course on JS on Udemy. Yup, it's a great one as well.
same here. it was my first js course that I took, left it midway especially the videos are too long. And will lost motivation on midway. That's why I never take Academind, Jonas, Zero to mastery courses.

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
same here. it was my first js course that I took, left it midway especially the videos are too long. And will lost motivation on midway. That's why I never take Academind, Jonas, Zero to mastery courses.
academind is overrate tbh , it made me to hate react to the core and later discorvered its pretty simple

Latest resources