Register & Get access to index

iamsonal

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
India
iamsonal submitted a new resource:

[EBOOK] The Principles of Object-Oriented JavaScript - by Nicholas C. Zakas

51pB6X4eSmL.jpg

If you’ve used a more traditional object-oriented language, such as C++ or Java, JavaScript probably doesn’t seem object-oriented at all. It has no concept of classes, and you don’t even need to define any objects in order to write code. But don’t be fooled—JavaScript is an incredibly powerful and expressive object-oriented language that puts many design decisions right into your hands.
In The Principles of...

Read more about this resource...

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
Am I right that this is a book from 2014? Not that it's bad, it's just the javascript language is constantly changing - and quite quickly - ES6 came out after 2014, and now we are at like ES2020 - the way you write javascript code today is completely different compared to 2014 or before. Arrow functions, object-orientation, async-await, let/const, etc.

Reactions: hacstac

iamsonal

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
India
Well, it's a 120 page book. And this is considered to be the best book to learn object oriented concepts of JavaScript.

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
I checked the amazon reviews because of you. This comes as a highly recommended book by many readers. Because the meat of the content is less than 100 pages, I think I'll have a look. I love concise stuff. Otherwise no-starch press has really good books, I see you love'em too ;)

Latest resources