Get Speedy on Mac: 10x Your Productivity

Get Speedy on Mac: 10x Your Productivity

Register & Get access to index

Satoru Gojo

Uploader
Jun 6, 2022
Satoru Gojo submitted a new resource:

Get Speedy on Mac: 10x Your Productivity - 28 targeted techniques to increase speed and save time

4844960-d954-3.jpg

28 targeted techniques to increase speed and save time

Description​

Course in a nutshell
  • For folks who simply want to Get Speedy on Mac as quickly as possible - and move on with their lives
  • 28 targeted techniques across system, mouse & trackpad, keyboard, apps, getting things done, browser, windows, and launchers
  • Each topic is explained patiently, thoroughly, and assumes no prior knowledge...

Read more about this resource...

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
I know that the interest in this course is quite low. But honestly, been using macs (too) for a long while now and you can figure these things out by yourself tbh.

The recommended apps at the end are also meh, I would add to use:

- use a proper browser with an ad blocker - first and foremost, do not install chrome, but instead get firefox (or even brave), and immediately install ublock origin extension at least. you can also use the built-in safari which is very quick and optimized but install ublock origin extension in there too.
- do not install alfred or similar launchers, they do not add that much value, the built-in spotlight search is more than adequate to launch apps, do small calculations, etc.
- i never use window managers, but macos since big sur has some built-in solutions for the most common scenarios again, so might not be necessary
- install a proper file manager like forklift, very similar to total commander but for macs (can do ftp, google drive, s3 connections too!)
- install dropbox instead of google drive, or even better just stick with the built-in icloud, 5gb comes for free, and for a measly ~ $1 / month you will have 50gb
- acorn as a simple and fast bitmap image editor i can agree with. good choice. also if you need more try the affinity suite (ps and ai) they can open ps/ai files and should be quite compatible. on windows i'd recomment paint.net + a few free extensions instead.
- use iina as a video player. this is the best for macs, supports even older macs still (10.11 and up) and uses the free and great mpv player inside

- if you are developing any software, it must be common knowledge by now, but do use homebrew (brew.sh), and if you need to emulate windows or something do use a free virtual machine that uses the macs built-in hypervisor, like UTM (getutm.app)

I hope that at least someone finds this useful ;)

Last edited:

Wanderer

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Remote
I know that the interest in this course is quite low. But honestly, been using macs (too) for a long while now and you can figure these things out by yourself tbh.

The recommended apps at the end are also meh, I would add to use:

• use a proper browser with an ad blocker - first and foremost, do not install chrome, but instead get firefox (or even brave), and immediately install ublock origin extension at least. you can also use the built-in safari which is very quick and optimized but install ublock origin extension in there too.
  • do not install alfred or similar launchers, they do not add that much value, the built-in spotlight search is more than adequate to launch apps, do small calculations, etc.
  • i never use window managers, but macos since big sur has some built-in solutions for the most common scenarios again, so might not be necessary
  • install a proper file manager like forklift, very similar to total commander but for macs (can do ftp, google drive, s3 connections too!)
  • install dropbox instead of google drive, or even better just stick with the built-in icloud, 5gb comes for free, and for a measly ~ $1 / month you will have 50gb
  • acorn as a simple and fast bitmap image editor i can agree with. good choice. also if you need more try the affinity suite (ps and ai) they can open ps/ai files and should be quite compatible. on windows i'd recomment paint.net + a few free extensions instead.
  • use iina as a video player. this is the best for macs, supports even older macs still (10.11 and up) and uses the free and great mpv player inside

- if you are developing any software, it must be common knowledge by now, but do use homebrew (brew.sh), and if you need to emulate windows or something do use a free virtual machine that uses the macs built-in hypervisor, like UTM (getutm.app)

I hope that at least someone finds this useful ;)
@dikk I am looking for Apple motion, do you have it?

Waiting for your reply 🙏

Latest resources