[GUIDE] Your Guide to Becoming A Full Stack Web Developer

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

SoulSurvivor7

TutFlixer
Dec 19, 2020
What do you guy think of Brad Schiff's "
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
" course. Bought it 2 years ago but never started it. The course got updated recently so maybe i'll start to check it out.

Seems like a shorter version of Colt Steele's course.

yuvraj

TutFlixer
Jul 3, 2021
Nepal
Wow! those videos are really worth! And thanks a lot for posting such a brilliant guide to becoming a full stack web developer in 2021. I have been into Tutorial hell for so many times, This guide has opened my eyes and will follow accordingly.

Thanks!

Reactions: twistertune

Nas Bhai

TutFlixer
Apr 5, 2021
Pluto
yeah..+1 for the updates.I've been stucked on loop making the same mern project on youtube.Plain mern.I dont even know how to add ci cd flow

Reactions: twistertune

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
Odin Project vs Cole Steele Web Developer Bootcamp

Which one is better ?
Odin project is more in depth, as it covers React, testing, interviewing, job search etc. Even though Colt doesn't cover everything like in the Odin Project, how he covers the material in his course is, to me, more thorough. He just has a way of explaining hard topics to beginners in a very fun and accessible way.

I would go though Colt's course first and then do the projects from the Odin Project. In fact, I would do the projects from the Odin Project and other similar resources, just for the project ideas.

EDIT: English is hard lol

Last edited:
Reactions: louila

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
Thank you for posting this guide. Do you plan to add any updates? @twistertune
I can certainly update the guide, but the update will be about going in depth into these technologies. So essentially nothing will change with my original post, I'd ass a second post with additional information. I'll do it right after the holidays next week.

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
yeah..+1 for the updates.I've been stucked on loop making the same mern project on youtube.Plain mern.I dont even know how to add ci cd flow
Honestly, start doing your own projects, even if it is just making 5 different versions of a todo list. Building something from scratch all by yourself is the surefire way of solidifying that knowledge in your head and getting out of tutorial hell. Look at The Odin Project, App Academy Open, fullstackmentor etc. for projects ideas and dive in. Don't be scared and try to fully implement the functionality (even if it takes you a few days to solve a problem).

CI CD is a hard one to recommend as there aren't many resources. Maybe try this
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
course? I haven't done these myself, but iirc the Microservices course by Stephen & Full Stack Grow by Safa Alai (both on Udemy) include CI CD? Check to make sure though.

Reactions: Nas Bhai

Tayde

Free in an unfree world
TutFlixer
Apr 30, 2021
Thailand
Thanks for updating all of us, I bought the udemy course and I'm learning with Colt right now. It's been great so far :)

Latest resources