[Guides] Copy shared folders from someone's Google Drive to yours. Or, Copy folder from one Google Drive to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Reliable, fast, easy method

1. Make sure you are logged in your own Gdrive where you want the shared folder to be copied to.

BEFORE we do anything make sure to:
a. Create an empty folder in your Gdrive and name it anything. (say, "ToCopy").
b. Now open the shared folder link. This folder has contents you want to copy.
c. This shared folder will now appear in the "Shared with me" section of Gdrive.
d. Right click on the shared folder and "add a shortcut to your drive". PLACE this shortcut INSIDE the folder you had created at start of step1 (i.e. into the "ToCopy" folder).

Pic:

2. Now open Google Colab. Go to:
3. Click on New Notebook in pop-up. Pics:
4. Now, in the notebook, to the extreme left, there's a 1-inch wide vertical column. Go to the column, and click on the Folder icon ("Files"). Wait for a few seconds. Pics:
5. The left column expands to reveal a file explorer. Click on Google Drive icon.

6. A pop-up notification will ask : "Permit this notebook to access your Google Drive files? Connecting to Google Drive will permit code executed in this notebook to modify files in your Google Drive." Click "Connect to Google Drive".

7. Now in the file explorer, there's a new folder visible called "drive". Inside it is "MyDrive". Inside it are your Gdrive contents.

8. Navigate to the folder you created earlier ("ToCopy"). Navigate inside it. Copy the path of the shared folder shortcut you placed inside it.

Pic:
9. Now in the main notebook space type:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Important note: The path : "the-path-you-just-copied-in-step-8" must end with a forward-slash / at the end.

For example:

Code:

Remember:
Code:

Pics:

10. Click on Run Cell play button. Or, instead do Ctrl+Enter to execute code. Everything inside the shared folder will get copied to your google drive.

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
hey bro, i have just 15 GB of storage in google drive, and i am not able to import courses in it. This new method drive me crazy as i have not visited the forum since that day, because i am not able to get the courses.
What i do, related to storage, is there any way to import courses without any hassle of storage, becauae i do not have much data not even wifi to download courses.
I have a shared drive, but don't know what it is - do this work

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Same problem here. I don't have space to store these big courses. Many courses are 15GB+. And they can't be extracted properly as size exceeds 15GB. I'm working on a solution to use rclone to export them to Mega from GDrive and then unzip them. Time is getting wasted.

Best would be if members downloaded them from Gdrive, and then uploaded them on Mega.

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
I don't know, someone offered shared drive on a another forum via a giveaway, so i got shared drive on one of my email.
I have't used my shared drive till yet, to download any course.
I do not even have wifi and this cornona virus is killing here in haryana, nothing is going well.
Also 15 TB of mega storage is expiring soon and i have so many brilliant courses in it, what to do?

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google

kadiri2006

TutFlixer
May 1, 2021
INDIA
@kadiri2006 Yup. Over the past few months I have accumulated sufficient material. I'll have to upload them though! Which exact material are you referring to buddy?

In the meantime you can always start over here (both are free and very good!):
Learn Web Development Free (HTML, CSS and JavaScript) through the Frontend Masters Online Bootcamp
Your Career in Web Development Starts Here | The Odin Project
actually i have unlimited google drive account,in your previous message you said you had some video cousrses.if its possile to share your drive link ,,i will copy content to my drive

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
actually i have unlimited google drive account,in your previous message you said you had some video cousrses.if its possile to share your drive link ,,i will copy content to my drive

I have managed to downloaded the most important relevant courses in my 1TB Hard-drive. All Web Development couses. I had a lot of movies. Deleted them to make space in Hard Drive.

Most of these courses I already had before I started frequenting Tutflix.

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
I have managed to downloaded the most important relevant courses in my 1TB Hard-drive. All Web Development couses. I had a lot of movies. Deleted them to make space in Hard Drive.

Most of these courses I already had before I started frequenting Tutflix.
Wll be passing on some links of Frontend Masters and other sources that I don't find here to TutsProfessor. The problem is uploading. Currently, times are busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources