Need help in choosing a react course !

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

merijaan

TutFlixer
Dec 27, 2021
Switzerland
I am looking for a course to learn react but there are so many options to go for. Some are outdated and teach with class components and some just feel too cluttered. Please suggest me a good up to date course on react

merijaan

TutFlixer
Dec 27, 2021
Switzerland
Simple answer - Epic React by Kent C. Dodds. It doesn't include Typescript but it's not very complicated, at least on basic level.
A lot people say it's not beginner friendly so I am not really sure on whether to start with this one. Have you taken this course ?

Reactions: thebebo

fear38

TutFlixer
Dec 2, 2020
Poland
A lot people say it's not beginner friendly so I am not really sure on whether to start with this one. Have you taken this course ?
Yeah, I did. It depends on what you expect. Kent starts with really basic things (I assume that you're familiar with NPM and JS) but the tempo of the course is quite faster than usual in the courses. I suggest to give it a try and if it would not fit you, I can recommend course by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, a way more friendly for beginners.

merijaan

TutFlixer
Dec 27, 2021
Switzerland
Yeah, I did. It depends on what you expect. Kent starts with really basic things (I assume that you're familiar with NPM and JS) but the tempo of the course is quite faster than usual in the courses. I suggest to give it a try and if it would not fit you, I can recommend course by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, a way more friendly for beginners.
Okay thank you.

Mustang6

TutFlixer
Nov 10, 2021
India
Epic React is the best react course to begin with. It makes sure to make you feel you are not a beginner very soon and it does it while you are a complete beginner. Best thing about it is it's hands on training, you learn while doing and not just watching.

Reactions: merijaan

tronoflutter

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
ind
Epic React is the best react course to begin with. It makes sure to make you feel you are not a beginner very soon and it does it while you are a complete beginner. Best thing about it is it's hands on training, you learn while doing and not just watching.
to begin with? i thought to take it at last to become pro lol. what do you suggest after completing that?

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
these two free courses are far far better than most of the stuffs

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

now why and how certain i am about that
i have took the following courses

React front to back 2022 -> the issues is the react components are architectured great but abstracted alot really alot to a point it's pointless to watch

React by academind -> talks alot

idk about the rest , these above two courses i personally felt relatively good and was able to implement them fine
no too much abstraction of architecture , but these are good for beginners and beginner friendly :D :) hope it helps

one more thing , i guess two of these courses atmost use React Router v5 and it has been updated to v6 just check around that

nothing against those courses just explaining their cons and justifying and why the above two courses felt great for me :D

hope it helps

CodeVj

TutFlixer
Apr 5, 2021
Web

React front to back 2022 -> the issues is the react components are architectured great but abstracted alot really alot to a point it's pointless to watch

idk about the rest , these above two courses i personally felt relatively good and was able to implement them fine
no too much abstraction of architecture , but these are good for beginners and beginner friendly :D :) hope it helps

one more thing , i guess two of these courses atmost use React Router v5 and it has been updated to v6 just check around that

nothing against those courses just explaining their cons and justifying and why the above two courses felt great for me :D

hope it helps
Yup that's good 👍

Xaxx

TutFlixer
Sep 14, 2020
Eragon
React Ecosystem has a bunch of stuffs that can overwhelm you. Try to check small courses and built small stuffs and expand on them.
To begin with these are topics you should look into -

React - Basic React APIs expanding it on React Intermediate/Advance APIs, focus on learning basic idioms and patterns.
React or Reach Router - Pick one and learn any of these.
Styling in React - Learn different ways you can style in React. Various solution ~ css module system, styled component, sass or a library like materialize or ant design
Handling Front-end data in an SPA: Solutions built into React : Component level State, App level state using context, reducer pattern. External package : Redux, Redux-thunk or Redux Saga to handle async data.

React Workflow -
Learn what a transpiler is (Babel is famous one) (just check on Youtube)
Learn basics of webpack (check colt steele youtube channel)
Learn basics of Linting using Eslint (check colt steele youtube channel or check Shasha vodnik from LinkedIn Learning courses on Linting)

Check on UI.dev and UltimateCourses.com

I. Do UI.dev and Read docs of React and related library .
II. Do "Styling in React" course by Todd Motto
III. Do "Testing in JavaScript" by Kent C dotts for testing (I don't know much about this one)

Once you're done with I and II, look no further on any courses and continue building stuffs and improving. *More courses* are not going to make you a better Developer.

Note:
Brush up on Basic functional programming and Prototype programming in JavaScript before taking on React + Es6 selected topics
No, you don't need TypeScript right of the bat.

Last edited:

merijaan

TutFlixer
Dec 27, 2021
Switzerland

hope it helps
Thanks for the suggestion. The course by scimba you linked seems promising and have decent projects too.

merijaan

TutFlixer
Dec 27, 2021
Switzerland
React Ecosystem has a bunch of stuffs that can overwhelm you. Try to check small courses and built small stuffs and expand on them.
To begin with these are topics you should look into -

React - Basic React APIs expanding it on React Intermediate/Advance APIs, focus on learning basic idioms and patterns.
React or Reach Router - Pick one and learn any of these.
Styling in React - Learn different ways you can style in React. Various solution ~ css module system, styled component, sass or a library like materialize or ant design
Handling Front-end data in an SPA: Solutions built into React : Component level State, App level state using context, reducer pattern. External package : Redux, Redux-thunk or Redux Saga to handle async data.

React Workflow -
Learn what a transpiler is (Babel is famous one) (just check on Youtube)
Learn basics of webpack (check colt steele youtube channel)
Learn basics of Linting using Eslint (check colt steele youtube channel or check Shasha vodnik from LinkedIn Learning courses on Linting)

Check on UI.dev and UltimateCourses.com

I. Do UI.dev and Read docs of React and related library .
II. Do "Styling in React" course by Todd Motto
III. Do "Testing in JavaScript" by Kent C dotts for testing (I don't know much about this one)

Once you're done with I and II, look no further on any courses and continue building stuffs and improving. *More courses* are not going to make you a better Developer.

Note:
Brush up on Basic functional programming and Prototype programming in JavaScript before taking on React + Es6 selected topics
No, you don't need TypeScript right of the bat.
Thanks a lot man. I honestly am overwhelmed seeing the amount of topics needed to be covered. and then people also include topics like nextjs and typescript in their courses. Thanks for providing a detailed answer.

Reactions: princip

Ahmadns

TutFlixer
Mar 18, 2021
ISB
I wanted to go with this one. but can't find any place to download the updated version. also none of the links here on tutflix works even for the old version.
There isnt much in latest version. Even if you go with a bit older version. It would work fine.

Latest resources