[NEED SUGGESTION] - Building my Own Course Selling Website

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

suraj526

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Japan
Hi there tutflixers:), After watching so many courses of other people I got interested in developing my own website to teach and sell course [of course at low price]. I'm not so brilliant in teaching nor I am a professional [technically] I'm just curious on how it is built and want to create my very own website as a learning path. I want to develop site using react + firebase + .. + ... + ... and I also want to host the videos on aws cloudfront.
So if you people know how to build this kind of site please help me. Any suggestion is appreciated. If you know any course that teach something similar to building such website let me know. Thank you❤

jeetintyagi

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
Bharat
Search "clever programmer netflix/hulu/amazon clone" on youtube .Pure react +firebase and some with MERN stack .

Alfred

TutFlixer
Sep 17, 2020
Albania
Great idea, I have thought of this idea too.
Why not use
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
instead of creating your own platform from scratch? It takes a lot of hard work creating your site from scratch. During this time you can focus more on creating awesome comprehensive courses content and tutorials to help people reach their goals. So, what I am trying to say is you'd better spend your time in creating react, firebase + .... + .... courses and build tutorials with real world projects using them and upload in your platform with affordable prices instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. Then you only need a very good design that converts into sales and good content that targets your audience and gives it what they are looking for. I have seen many people sell their courses in a platform like teachable.
I almost forgot, you also need YouTube channel to promote your courses where you can upload some good quality video tutorials and also get experience in teaching online courses. It's a lot of hard work but I think you can do it. So go for it. Give it a try, even if you fail at start because of not having experience doing it, it's not the end of the world. Just get up and try again. Teaching is hard but it helps us learn better too. The most important thing is enjoy teaching and helping others learn what you know, just like tutflix.org is helping all of us and we are all thankful everyday for this. Even if you don't make any single penny but you spend your time, you will learn a lot. Good Luck!

I am planning to do the same thing as you but just starting with a YouTube channel, my main reason is to motivate me to learn (even though I don't have money) and enjoy helping others learn what I can teach. I got some inspiration from freecodecamp youtube video that I wished I had watched earlier:
How to start a coding YouTube channel (with tips from a bunch of successful creators!) by freecodecamp

suraj526

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Japan
Sites like teachable, Udemy take some commission when you sell a course that is why I am trying to create my own and they also does not provide that much security, courses from sites like Udemy and teachable gets pirated the moment they get released [easily downloadable we all know that:LOL:] So I thought of to host content on aws cloudfront [I am thinking it is secure]. again Im building this as a learning path. Note: I also have a youtube channel :)

Limbonite

TutFlixer
Sep 6, 2020
Not Known
If you consider the website is you personel project:

1. Initially, Single coder based websites will start with basic HTML and CSS for Front-End. For the back end it's your wish JS would be nice, But if you focus on python,java or ruby go for Django,Flask, Spring or Rails. Firebase is good enough for sites like this but only if you upload the contents in reduced size.

2. After getting some more traffic.. You will be eventually pushed to React or vue for front-end and Flask , Django (if u do the code) or JS (quite tough) for backend. The Database would be NO-Sql (if u want more productivity and scability) or SQL (security and reliability).

Or.. If you think you are familiar with both React and Flask or Django you can build the website. It will take more than 1st one. And the maintanance should be done perfectly.

AWS is costly than I thought!. 😅

1 ==> is easy, faster and beginner friendly.

2 ===> less easy, slower process(if beginner) and may require capitalization.

Thinking about wordpress, webflow, wix, squarespace or teachable for your personel or portfolio project is a crime.

phaythos

TutFlixer
Oct 26, 2020
Italy
I would definitely avoid firebase unless you are going for a live chat or something. It might seem easier at the beginning, but it is not the tool for this kind of jobs. AWS would be definitely a better solution

jumael99

TutFlixer
Oct 30, 2020
Bangladesh
You won't get a proper audience to sell the course on your site but Udemy can give the audience. Many awesome authors have their own site but they can't sell much(you can see 'andrei neagoie' & 'zaid sabeh' like author) from their own site but through Udemy they get audience. yes it's true it gets pirated but there's nothing to do. It's hard to sell course from own site.

Latest resources