SaasRock - The One-Man SaaS Framework

SaasRock - The One-Man SaaS Framework

Register & Get access to index

Satoru Gojo

Uploader
Jun 6, 2022
Satoru Gojo submitted a new resource:

SaasRock - The One-Man SaaS Framework - Quick start your MVP with out-of-the-box SaaS features like Authentication, Pricing & Subscriptions,

cover.webp
Quick start your MVP with out-of-the-box SaaS features like Authentication, Pricing & Subscriptions, Admin & App portals, Entity Builder (CRUD, API, Webhooks, Permissions, Logs...), Blogging, CRM, Email Marketing, Page Block Builder, Notifications, Onboarding, and more. Don't reinvent the wheel, again.

What's...

Read more about this resource...

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
This seems really cool with remix for the whole stack (back/front) and using prisma for db migration / orm. I've just realized that the prisma engines (that do the migration / query) are written in rust so "blazingly fast" :)

There's also a python prisma client lib (google it), I've heard about it on the logrocket or real python podcast some time before. Really cool & loving it! -- compare these to java jpa api... not that those are bad just so much code.

d2048

TutFlixer
Oct 20, 2021
Sweet Home
to those who made it run - how you had spin up postgres?
it's marked as 'provider = "postgresql"' in prisma schema, but i didnt find anything about it in readme.
in `.env.example` are keys for supabase - wouldnt like to use it, tho. extreme case only ))

again, thanks for sharing that, its a great stuff, i think.
remix rocks ))

Last edited:

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
for those who made it run - how you had spin up postgres?
it's marked as 'provider = "postgresql"' in prisma schema, but i didnt find anything about it in readme.
in `.env.example` are keys for supabase - wouldnt like to use it, tho. extreme case only ))

again, thanks for sharing that, its a great stuff, i think.
remix rocks ))
supabase does use postgresql as a db store though.

d2048

TutFlixer
Oct 20, 2021
Sweet Home
postgres is toooo big for me, supabase cli pulls ~2gb of docker images to work. pain ))
but just tested, saasrock is working fine on sqlite db. just change provider from `postgres` to `sqlite` in prisma schema, rename migrations folder and run `npx prisma migrate dev --name init` . all that is written in readme, rtfm ))

btw, check pocketbase db, very very promising thing, its sqlite based, and does all almost like as supabase, but in a lot lighter way.

Reactions: dikk

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
postgres is toooo big for me, supabase cli pulls ~2gb of docker images to work. pain ))
but just tested, saasrock is working fine on sqlite db. just change provider from `postgres` to `sqlite` in prisma schema, rename migrations folder and run `npx prisma migrate dev --name init` . all that is written in readme, rtfm ))

btw, check pocketbase db, very very promising thing, its sqlite based, and does all almost like as supabase, but in a lot lighter way.
pocketbase is great - also one executable file only! - for local dev and i'd wager even mid-level workloads. it uses sqlite in write-ahead-log mode config so concurrent reads and writes do not slow it down that much. also prisma (the orm used) can use sqlite as well, like you mentioned.

docker images are also sometimes a bit too much. I do have a local postgres install in portable mode and also mongodb. you can run redis too in portable mode it is one executable literally. If all you need is these then you probably wont need docker. By the way these all work on windows too... I have a few gigs sized ramdisk using ultra ramdisk and just unpack all of these to their own folder, run when needed from a terminal do my thing, close, maybe backup the data files and done. Of course sometimes docker / docker-compose / k8s cannot be escaped I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: d2048

uniwebr

TutFlixer
Sep 9, 2020
CMB
@Satoru Gojo

could you please update - new version out SaasRock v0.8.2 (Jan 29th, 2023)

SaasRock v0.8.2 🎉 - Entity Code Generator
Generate code for your entities (23 files for full customization!) with the Entity Code Generator.

Latest resources