[Udemy] Please read carefully

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

redinoj

TutFlixer
Dec 13, 2020
IN
I wanted to share something new that you might/might not have expected. I have read online about people abusing the refund system and hence Udemy had to come up with a system to prevent it. They know about people using Udeler to download the courses, then request a refund and people have been doing it at scale. Of course, this is terrible both for the platform as well for the instructors involved. But downloading course content through Udeler is apparently "a violation of Udemy's terms of service".

This might be why there were some issues downloading certain courses through Udeler a few days back.

I wanted to first verify this to be true. I purchased Colt Steele's newly released Command Line bootcamp to test this theory. Even though I have no intention to request a refund for the newly purchased course, I still wanted to see what is the message that they display when I click 'Request a refund'. This message will not be displayed if you go to your account on a Desktop browser. It's strange! It will simply show you that refund is not available that too in the address bar. I am not able to upload the image but here is the
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
for you all to see:

If you're someone who purchases courses as an investment for your own development, and want to support the instructors involved, great!

If you're someone who purchases courses, downloads them and then requests a refund, you're being monitored.

Reactions: Mritunjay

Latest resources