What are most impactful premium online courses(MAXIMUM THREE) you have successfully completed?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
There is a slew of courses out there. I bet most people who register for a course drop out before even completing half of it.

While users are to blame for losing interest quickly, I also think most courses are basic, half-assed, rushed through and made only to earn quick bucks for the creator. They advertise it extensively, but the content comes us short and doesn't meet your expectations.

But then amongst this sea of subpar quality courses, you come across one that is really engaging, thorough, practical and you can apply the skills gained the very next day. You regret not taking such a course before wading through endless number of low-quality resources. Now those are the kind of courses that are really worth your time and attention.

Your time is timeless! I think we should definitely raise the bar for which course deserves our attention , time and effort that goes into completing it.

If you have come across such gems based on your experience, can you please share such courses(three at most!) for the greater good of our community members? Ideally in the following template.

'Course Name' by 'Creator/Website' --- One line reason why you found it so good.

Just share something that was personally impactful to you. Doesn't matter if the course is available on this forum or not.

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
I'll share mine.

Django Basics by JustDjango(Matt) --- This one really helped me 'grokk' Django. I had used many resources but this one was quite enlightening(many lightbulb moments) and practical.

Typing Course - How to Touch Type Faster - New Way to Learn by Udemy --- I've always wanted to learn touch typing, and came across this course on the forum a month ago or so. I put the time in and now I type ~55wpm without looking at the keyboard. It's not much, but learning this lifeskill has really benefited me. Made keyboard an extension of my mind. Its liberating!

Deepwork by Cal Newport ---- Its a book, not a course. But the content in it has helped me organize my 4 hour flow states during hectic workday. It would be injustice not to include it here given how much it has impacted my quality of work.

CEO

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
TutFlixer
Sep 10, 2020
USA
Lot of Dev courses helped but stating Non Dev courses here,

Habits Masterclass by James Clear.
Short but great stuffs. Lot of workbooks to follow along

Art of Less Doing by Ari Meisel
Lot of innovative tools which you can put to use quickly

imraxstar

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Mars
It's a brilliant thread man.
I have done 7-8 courses and they are related to coursera courses and some related to wordpress. I have find some good course because maybe i was beginner, but i was able to connect the dots using different materials. Overall i can say that those helped me a lot, even the most basic one taught me various stuff, so many insights given to me by them.
But i am not sure, they are masterpeace or not. but but these courses helped me a lot, not sure about you guys.

bogdan187

TutFlixer
Nov 10, 2020
Bosnia
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
- probably the best online course for web development, a great discord channel and completely free.
- also one of the best resource for learning Javascript.
- this one is pure gold. Everything you need to know about web development is here.
Books from
are good, Kevin Powell youtube channel for CSS, NetNinja and Traversy Media channel .

I deleted all the courses I downloaded in the past, especially Udemy courses, most are bad anyway. And I finally found a way out of the tutorial hell, with the help of all of above.
The funny thing is that I thought that the more expensive the course, the more worthwhile it is, and the best ones are free, I can't help but recommend
again.

Last edited:

zapateado

TutFlixer
Oct 22, 2020
India
The only course I was able to complete and really like was: Fullstack Flask by newline. It really helped in getting started with Flask and was small enough so I could finish it within a few weeks.
Edit: It is not available here now (after the links issue). I have submitted a request to bring it back though.

Reactions: flamingass

paxon

TutFlixer
Dec 14, 2020
serbia
I've completed two of Ryan Dhungel courses on Udemy...This guy knows stuffs and projects are really cool. Problem is that I do not recommend those courses for beginners. You must pick up foundations somewhere else and then build real projects. Clone projects by Papa React on his youtube channel are also cool, but the same story is valid here, pick up foundatiions on other places. Recently I've stumbled upon John Smilga's Node Course on youtube and I learned a lot, even better than on many paid resources. To resume: Ryan Dhungel for real projects, John Smilga for foundations..And as a reference @bogdan187 did a great job

bik-dejmiano

TutFlixer
Dec 10, 2020
BRUNOLANDIA
[Academind] JavaScript - The Complete Guide - This course helped me learn JavaScript from the absolute basics. It discusses a wide variety of topics that are overlooked in many courses. I had a great time with it - overall, I highly recommend it.

[Academind] Understanding TypeScript - helped me a lot to grasp TypeScript (I couldn't find it on the forum, but I have it on my hard drive - probably I'm going to upload it here [edit: uploaded!]) and again as above, really solid one.

Edit:
- also a great (free!) course which you can learn TypeScript, Node.js, React and more stuff. However, I recommend diving into each one individually (because learning everything in one go isn't something beneficial IMO) + this one isn't really for absolute beginners.

Edit v2: [Academind] Clean Code - oh, I forgot about this one - really had an impact on how I write my code.

Last edited:

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
If you found value in it, the course has definitely done the job. Some coursera courses are excellent! I have done a famous Algorithms course from there many years ago. Found it quite helpful.

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
Great tips guys. As for me, free course but still great:

It's about django + javascript web coding. I am not done completely but it's free and quite good. There is not much handholding though so you need to look up details by yourself.

CEO

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
TutFlixer
Sep 10, 2020
USA
ofcourse he is the author. This course gives quick practical essence , more time saving than book. Book is also awesome

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
Agreed, I've generally felt not many courses are intermediate/advanced users. Nice to see a recommendation here.

Appreciate the detailed response & reasoning. Thanks!

sims0702

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Belgium
yoo @bogdan187 , quick question! Do you think that the odinproject is a good path without taking the ruby on rails path? I mean I don't know if ruby on rails is worth it and would better go for node.js I guess? but the full stack path on node.js for full stack is less elaborate than the ruby on rails one ,shoudl I still take it?

Latest resources