What do you think is Best?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

suraj526

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Japan
Hi folks, I'm Suraj currently learning Javascript [React] ❤ , I was confused :confused: whether I should do few (probably 10-15) small project (for example : url shortener app) or Do a big Project like a Complete e-commerce website or [app] clone ???? Share your thought which will be more helpful in terms of job and also looks good on resume:p

Reactions: mikoko and jaggu

darkentropy

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
Mustafar
In my opinion if you are just starting out then you should build as many projects you can because you dont have the skills to build serious large apps but if you make 20 projects you'll be learning 20 different things and once you are comfortable building small projects, you can pick up a big serious project.
That was my way of going a year ago and currently I am in a decent company and now preparing for interviews for big companies.
Good luck mate :)

KujtimHarrimi

TutFlixer
Sep 24, 2020
Italy
Definitely a large project . It will teach you how to combine small parts in a big project. Also when you get a job you will for sure work on big projects not small projects.

iamlearner

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
india
@darkentropy has said it clearly, adding on to it, build things without following an courses, mainly the large projects. For your portfolio, have around 2 to 3 projects. That is more than enough. But for each project build a story. Like why did you do that project. It should not just be a practice project, rather a real world problem solving project.

Daredevil0903

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
India
Build small projects for learning the language or framework and large ones to be listed on resume. It is true that recruiters will not go through all your projects and simply will look through first 3-4 projects. Reason being that they don't have enough time and they receive 100s of applications just like yours. :)

amelecono

TutFlixer
Sep 15, 2020
UK
In my opinion you should have some problem in your life and solve it via programming or react in your case.
Let's think about twitch.
It solves a problem.
There are game streamers and watchers.
Streamers wanna share their gameplay. Watchers wanna watch them.
If you were the one who developed twitch you did not work on some basic projects.
You would just work on twitch and add little parts step by step.
I think working on your dream project and solving these tiny problems when you face them is the best way to learn.

Reactions: helloworld

jamesthanh

TutFlixer
Sep 13, 2020
Mr. WorldWide
Hi folks, I'm Suraj currently learning Javascript [React] ❤ , I was confused :confused: whether I should do few (probably 10-15) small project (for example : url shortener app) or Do a big Project like a Complete e-commerce website or [app] clone ???? Share your thought which will be more helpful in terms of job and also looks good on resume:p
From pov, you should do like 1 to 2 small projects to get the hang of the framework and concepts. Then, move on more intermediate projects to test our understanding and finally going all out on a very big project with both frontend and backend. Most of the employees care more about quality than quantity. Hope this help :D

Latest resources