Kent C. Dodds - Epic Web. Ship Modern Full-Stack Web Applications

Kent C. Dodds - Epic Web. Ship Modern Full-Stack Web Applications

Register & Get access to index

xinkenan11

TutFlixer
Dec 2, 2020
Home
@Satoru Gojo I am so thankful to you that I have no word to express my gratitude. The price of the original course is 4 times of my monthly salary and there is no way I can afford it , but because of you now I can learn regardless of financial circumstances.

Lightning Storm

TutFlixer
Oct 28, 2021
UK
I don't really understand who this course is intended for, is there any prerequisite, what does it teach? I've skimmed through the table of contents, but it seems quite vague. I'm aiming to specialize in backend development, is this course suitable, can anyone help me answer these questions?

Lightning Storm

TutFlixer
Oct 28, 2021
UK
My Dear

@Satoru Gojo

I dont know who are you/where u from... But, I must say that you are one of the best invension in this community. May Almighty bless you. I really love u brother.​

My just one last request - Please try to upload Js MastreyPro NextJs course.This course Is badly needed for me.​

I don't really understand who this course is intended for, is there any prerequisite, what does it teach? I've skimmed through the table of contents, but it seems quite vague. I'm aiming to specialize in backend development, is this course suitable, can anyone help me answer these questions?

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
It is for fullstack (react) devs. So not just for backend but frontend as well. You should be familiar with js (es6+), a bit of typescript, and I'd say mid-level react. It focuses on the remix framework, which is similar to next.js (so it runs on both the server / client side) but much more focused on web standards. Even if you won't be using remix in the end, you can still learn quite a bit from it.

For backend db access it uses the prisma ORM which some are not too fond of (and they might suggest using drizzle orm instead which probably does not hide as many things from you). It also uses typescript everywhere, plus teaches about testing.

I have not gone through it yet though. He also made the epic react course and both this and that have their own blog / articles sections on their respective website that's also filled with useful info.

Last edited:

ortanapex6

TutFlixer
Nov 1, 2023
Japan
maan everytime i try to download after clicking on the link provided it takes me to a sign in page where i select my account but then it shows me an error of try again after authentication.

Lightning Storm

TutFlixer
Oct 28, 2021
UK
It is for fullstack (react) devs. So not just for backend but frontend as well. You should be familiar with js (es6+), a bit of typescript, and I'd say mid-level react. It focuses on the remix framework, which is similar to next.js (so it runs on both the server / client side) but much more focused on web standards. Even if you won't be using remix in the end, you can still learn quite a bit from it.

For backend db access it uses the prisma ORM which some are not too fond of (and they might suggest using drizzle orm instead which probably does not hide as many things from you). It also uses typescript everywhere, plus teaches about testing.

I have not gone through it yet though. He also made the epic react course and both this and that have their own blog / articles sections on their respective website that's also filled with useful info.
Thank you for the information. I'm primarily focused on pure backend development, and I'm not familiar with Next.js. I noticed that the course includes webforms, which seems to be an older technology from Microsoft with the same name. I'm not sure about this. I also saw that the course covers topics like Prisma and Authentication, which are the main things I'm interested in. However, I'm uncertain about what's included in the later part of the course. Learning in a disjointed manner, and not pursuing frontend, I'm wondering if this course is suitable for me.

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
Thank you for the information. I'm primarily focused on pure backend development, and I'm not familiar with Next.js. I noticed that the course includes webforms, which seems to be an older technology from Microsoft with the same name. I'm not sure about this. I also saw that the course covers topics like Prisma and Authentication, which are the main things I'm interested in. However, I'm uncertain about what's included in the later part of the course. Learning in a disjointed manner, and not pursuing frontend, I'm wondering if this course is suitable for me.
I got you. Well, based on the contents I'd say if you want to try this course, the data modeling and the authentication strategies chapters are the most backend oriented, but there are other tidbits scattered around on rate limiting and csrf protection (in the web forms chapter). By the way
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
are not the same as "asp.net web forms" of yore

These all contain some frontend code as well, as remix is a hybrid framework for react-based apps. It's not using the usual backend interface thru rest / gql / grpc, but handles the separation / setup of backend (server) and frontend (client) code for you. You can mix all of these in the same file though, thru various function naming schemes. (action for mutation, loader for reading, headers for well, setting up headers).

I think it's a good course, especially as it's quite coding oriented.

However if you do not care at all about react, then maybe nest.js is for you (usually used for backends only). You can use prisma as its db layer, it embraces typescript overall, and I think it's quite popular.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

jhg79uf

TutFlixer
Oct 26, 2023
USA
Thank you very much for the upload! Can you please upload the new video : auth.epicweb.dev/01/03/problem

porjoton

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Kabukicho
Absolute rubbish of a course, you'll get 10X value from buying any udemy course from jonas or traversy.

So glad it's leaked all over the internet so people won't waste their money on this bag of shyte.
woah, harsh words. Can you elaborate on why this workshop isn't good?

Reactions: beblock

Latest resources