Register & Get access to index

HolidayDiaz88

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Apr 21, 2023
The World
Is the course any good?

I checked on reddit and some people said it was scammy...

Would like to get the opinion from someone who went through the course :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JaleelVS

porjoton

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Kabukicho
Is the course any good?

Would like to get the opinion from somdone who went through the course :)
Would not recommend it - it's repetitive, and most of my thoughts align closely with those who didn't like the course. Felt like a waste of my time lol.

I'd personally recommend Benjamin Keep on YouTube, he's got a PhD in learning science, that's his domain, and he provides solid advice on effective learning - I really like his content, they are short and to the point, no bs. Wouldn't put my money (or rather time) on a grifter like Justin.

Reactions: HolidayDiaz88

vega

TutFlixer
Jan 1, 2021
pluto
Is the course any good?

Would like to get the opinion from somdone who went through the course :)
the course is all over the place but the material is gold without a doubt, don't listen to anyone saying otherwise, if you can go past the unorganization of the content you'll like it

hfcb

TutFlixer
Aug 30, 2021
norteamerica
Justin Sung isn't a swindler. He has some really good content if you can get past his longwinded delivery and his questionable marketing tactics.

porjoton

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
Kabukicho
Justin Sung isn't a swindler. He has some really good content if you can get past his longwinded delivery and his questionable marketing tactics.
Yeah, very difficult for me to get past that - but many others would likely benefit from the course. It unfortunately is not for me.

Reactions: iamaryank

bobpande

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
Australia
did you manage to get the higher quality (non screen recorded) videos? I saw at the top that it was screen recorded and that the full video file would be uploaded if it was doable

Satoru Gojo

demt

Premium User
Premium
TutFlixer
Jun 25, 2021
Taiwan
Is the course any good?

Would like to get the opinion from someone who went through the course :)
I have taken the course, and from my perspective, Justin is the only person in the study method space whose ideas I find useful. Before discovering his course and YouTube videos, the best resource I could find was 'Make It Stick'. Now, I generally don't like Justin's approaches, particularly his marketing tactics. However, this doesn't mean the course content itself isn't good.
My main issue is with its delivery. For example, why are there so few demonstrations of the techniques? At least half of the Discord threads are about people unclear on the correct way to apply these techniques. I believe the course could be much clearer. BUT, it's the only place where you can find half decent, real material that doesn't revolve around handwaving stuff like speed reading or memory tricks. That's why I've been trying to improve my study skills with this course over the last two years. You just can't find the same content elsewhere.

The real benefits of the course begin with the Technique Training. I think many people give up on the course before investing enough time and effort. I would say that at least two months of immersive practice before reaching the Ascent stages is a must. The analogy to skill training is accurate; it's more like practicing swimming or piano than just watching videos or reading books. Therefore, make sure your expectations are aligned correctly. Be prepared to put in sufficient effort and time, and be patient for at least three months. If you do, you will likely see some positive results from the course.

iHandsomeHunk

TutFlixer
Sep 5, 2022
India
Can you please provide me the 30day plan? I just started the course and In the 30day plan pdf there's a download link that leads to the official website which is inaccessible for non members
If you can't that's fine, can you just tell me what is in the 30 day plan?
Thanks in advance
I have taken the course, and from my perspective, Justin is the only person in the study method space whose ideas I find useful. Before discovering his course and YouTube videos, the best resource I could find was 'Make It Stick'. Now, I generally don't like Justin's approaches, particularly his marketing tactics. However, this doesn't mean the course content itself isn't good.
My main issue is with its delivery. For example, why are there so few demonstrations of the techniques? At least half of the Discord threads are about people unclear on the correct way to apply these techniques. I believe the course could be much clearer. BUT, it's the only place where you can find half decent, real material that doesn't revolve around handwaving stuff like speed reading or memory tricks. That's why I've been trying to improve my study skills with this course over the last two years. You just can't find the same content elsewhere.

The real benefits of the course begin with the Technique Training. I think many people give up on the course before investing enough time and effort. I would say that at least two months of immersive practice before reaching the Ascent stages is a must. The analogy to skill training is accurate; it's more like practicing swimming or piano than just watching videos or reading books. Therefore, make sure your expectations are aligned correctly. Be prepared to put in sufficient effort and time, and be patient for at least three months. If you do, you will likely see some positive results from the course.

kurcina

TutFlixer
Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
Can you please provide me the 30day plan? I just started the course and In the 30day plan pdf there's a download link that leads to the official website which is inaccessible for non members
If you can't that's fine, can you just tell me what is in the 30 day plan?
Thanks in advance
The 30day plan is your job to develop your plan, the modules describe what should you do and focus on. You are doing what he said that you shouldn't do - RUSH. :mad:

Last edited:

iHandsomeHunk

TutFlixer
Sep 5, 2022
India
The 30day plan is your job to develop your plan, the modules describe what should you do and focus on. You are doing what he said that you shouldn't do - RUSH. :mad:
What made you think I am rushing?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I just asked for a pdf that wasn't accessible
I thought students have to follow that pdf for the plan
Anyways thanks for your reply

kurcina

TutFlixer
Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
images

Latest resources