ArdanLabs - Practical Go Foundations

ArdanLabs - Practical Go Foundations

Register & Get access to index

Satoru Gojo

Uploader
Jun 6, 2022
Satoru Gojo submitted a new resource:

ArdanLabs - Practical Go Foundations - This introductory course explores topics like strings, REST APIs, error handling, testing, sorting,

ultimate-go-default.jpg

This introductory course explores topics like strings, REST APIs, error handling, testing, sorting, and more! Perfect for engineers just starting their journey into Go.

COURSE INTRODUCTION​

This course will help you become familiar with the basic concepts of the Go programming language. Through lectures and coding exercises, you’ll learn about the core concepts needed to become a productive Go developer...

Read more about this resource...

_D_Go

TutFlixer
Oct 8, 2021
United Kingdom
Is this course good? I've been reading in many places that Ardanlabs is the gold standard for Go learning, but after watching the first video the instructor seems at times hard to understand (mumbling), and is a bit over the place on some explanations (maybe because it's a workshop format...)
Has anyone completed it and has any feedback about it? Does it get better as it progresses? Or maybe someone has some recommendation for better suited Go course(/tutorial/book) for new starters with just a bit of Go knowledge? From Ardanlabs, or any other source.

gonzarosa

TutFlixer
Jul 24, 2021
argentina
Is this course good? I've been reading in many places that Ardanlabs is the gold standard for Go learning, but after watching the first video the instructor seems at times hard to understand (mumbling), and is a bit over the place on some explanations (maybe because it's a workshop format...)
Has anyone completed it and has any feedback about it? Does it get better as it progresses? Or maybe someone has some recommendation for better suited Go course(/tutorial/book) for new starters with just a bit of Go knowledge? From Ardanlabs, or any other source.
Yes, it is a workshop.
After taking it, I can say that it's mostly suited for someone who has experience in programming and wants to have a quick exposé of the Go language: the syntax, types, control flows, how it's mostly used, tools that come with the Go environment, how to get it up and running with a few simple programs, and some useful 3rd party tools...
It's not as in-depth as the other ones from ArdanLabs with Bill Kennedy; the instructor here covers almost everything about the language, and the course has a website that is still up with all the challenges.

ArdanLabs courses are really great but somewhat time-consuming; the instructors are very experienced and know how to transfer their great knowledge, but as you have noticed, they courses are mostly workshops, usually in the format of a week-long training with daily sessions of 4 hours split into 1-hour each, and sometimes it can pivot because of the questions asked.

_D_Go

TutFlixer
Oct 8, 2021
United Kingdom
That you very much for the feedback @gonzarosa. Are any of those Bill Kennedy's courses available here at tutflix? Could you please share the link? I'd appreciate if you could point me in the direction of one specific course :). Thanks in advance!

Latest resources