How Insurance Really Works
What you'll learn
- Understand the concept of reserves
- Have knowledge of insurance law
- Become familiar with basic accounting concepts
- Basic mathematics skills
- Knowledge of spreadsheeting software is helpful
You probably have some insurance, in fact you probably have to, but how does it really work? Where do your premiums go? What does an insurer do with them?
In this course we'll see how the prices paid for insurance become claim payments and add to the economy.
From the pooling concept to reserves, expenses, landmark accounting standards, and annuities with their investments you'll learn the concepts from an industry insider with the small actuarial profession that deals with the finance of insurance.
Who this course is for:
- Insurance professionals
- Finance and investment students
- Accounting professionals
- Anyone interested in insurance
- Aspiring actuaries