Understand AppSettings and learn how to secure your application secrets from development to production in ASP.NET Core
What you'll learn
- AppSettings in .NET Core
- Accessing Secrets in .NET Core
- What are Application Secrets and why should you secure them?
- Options Class
- Switching Environments
- Hierarchy for accessing secrets in .NET Core
- User Secrets in .NET Core
- Azure Key Vault
- 3-6 months familiarity with C# and SQL
- Familiar with .NET Core 5
Application Settings is a small piece of .NET Core application! But it is a very CRITICAL piece. Since you have all secrets and passwords.
Not knowing how to configure AppSettings would lead to a vulnerable application and it would be difficult to manage things once the application grows.
There are multiple ways to access your secrets in a .NET Core application, I will be walking you through all the ways in this course.
There is a certain hierarchy that is followed when it comes to a priority about which settings should be read first and knowing the correct order is critical. We will walk through all of that!
Losing control of production passwords, API keys, and other secrets can be extremely costly to any business. In this course, Securing Application Secrets in ASP.NET Core, you will learn how to keep secrets safe in development through to production.
This course will get you up and running with ASP.NET Core AppSecrets and Settings from basics all the way to completely securing them using Azure Key vaults.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to understand Application Secrets in .NET 5
- Securing secrets in your .NET 5 application