This course will teach you many bad programming practices that every professional developer must know, but never use
What you'll learn
- Learn to identify many common anti-patterns
- How to abuse the .NET type system
- The curse of the Swiss-Army Knife
- Use the YAGNI principle to remove Crystal Balls
- Real-life bad coding practices from actual code reviews
- The "Assume the Worst" principle
- Why is "Pattern Love" a bad thing?
- Incorrect use of Exceptions
- ... and much more!
- You need a Windows, Mac or Linux laptop with Microsoft Visual Studio, Xamarin Studio or Monodevelop
- You should be a beginner, or intermediate C# developer
- That's it!
BEST COURSE CHOICE for beginners and intermediate C# developers who want to take their programming skills to the next level.
Code reviews sometimes expose truly terrible code - mangled object hierarchies, judicious use of Parse and ToString, flow-control logic using Exceptions, and "reinvented wheel" classes littered with bugs.
In fact the same bad code tends to crop up over and over, which is why we call them "Anti-Patterns".
Anti-patterns are common responses to a recurring problem that are ineffective and highly counterproductive.
In a series of short lectures I am going to show you the most common C# anti-patterns. I will introduce each anti-pattern, show you why the pattern is bad, and how you can refactor the code to resolve the problem.
Why should you take this course?
You should take this course if you are a beginner or intermediate C# developer and want to take your skills to the next level. A thorough understanding of all common anti-patterns will help you enormously in your understanding of C# and the .NET Framework.
Or you might be working in a developer team and about to perform your first code review. The examples in this course will help you spot bad code quickly, and give you an idea what senior developers like to see at when they review code.
Or maybe you're preparing for a C# related job interview? This course will give you an excellent foundation to answer any questions about code quality they might throw at you.
30 day money-back guarantee
This course comes with an unconditional, Udemy backed, 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the course for any reason, simply request a refund and get your full purchase amount back, no questions asked.
This course contains over 3 hours of video content. Enroll now to benefit from the current price and get lifelong free access to all future materials.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner, and intermediate C# programmers who want to learn how to write clean and well-designed code
- Developers who are about to take a job interview and need to prepare for code quality-related questions
- Professionals who are performing code audits on their team