Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) with TeamCity for Developers and DevOps
What you'll learn
- Learn how an efficient and scalable CI/CD system is implemented.
- Install TeamCity 2018 on a local machine or on a server farm
- Setup static build agents as well as Cloud build agents
- Connect to Source Controls via HTTPS or SSH
- Setup a project template to save time and effort
- Parametrize Build Configurations
- Add dynamics to your builds using System, Environmental, and Configuration Parameters
- Build and package your code into a TeamCity Artifact
- Produce environment-specific configurations e.g. "Web Config Transform" of ASP .NET projects (with Visual Studio or PowerShell)
- Run Unit Tests and produce Code Coverage R`````eports
- Run code analysis and Code Quality Insection
- Checking GitHub Merge Pull Requests automatically
- Deploy your applications with AWS Code Deploy
- Manage and subscribe to notifications and alerts
- Administer TeamCity (e.g. manage users and groups)
- Produce Docker Images and Deploy to Amazon Elastic Container Services
Learn the important skills of Continuous Integration and Delivery that every developer or DevOps engineer has to have in their arsenal.
TeamCity is a modern, feature-rich tool which enables software development teams to launch their Continuous Integration and Delivery System (CI/CD) quickly and efficiently.
We will begin by setting up TeamCity in a Highly Available and Highly Scalable manner. This is very important to make sure that as your team grows your TeamCity will maintain its high performance.
Then we deep dive into various secure ways of connecting to your Source Control system(s) such as “git” (e.g. GitHub). If you use Github, you will be happy to know that in this course you will learn how to automatically validate the pull requests and make sure that they are ready to be merged.
Once the code is available we will see how you can compile your code, then run its unit tests, measure your code quality and package the build artefacts. We will see how you can store your build artefacts on servers or on AWS S3 buckets.
Deploying the artefacts to the target servers can be tricky and complicated, and it is where most online courses give up! However, I will show you how you can deploy your software to your on-premises or on-cloud servers automatically with one click!
No prior knowledge about TeamCity , CI/CD or AWS is required.
Who this course is for:
- DevOps Engineers
- Technical Managers
- IT Administrators
- Solution Architects
- University Students of IT and/or Computer Science