Build an audio streaming application that looks similar to Spotify.
In this course I teach you the current best practice way to build an audio streaming application on android. To make it more interesting, I designed it to look similar to the popular music streaming app called Spotify.
I use the ExoPlayer library for streaming the audio files. The audio files are located online in a Firebase Firestore database.
Here's what you will see in the course:
- Every line of code is written and explained on video
- ExoPlayer (same media library used by YouTube in the mobile app)
- Streaming audio files from the internet (Firestore)
- Effective fragment management
- Effective communication with interfaces
- Services (a class specifically built to stream media files)
- Background Services that run forever
- Controlling playback through a notification
- Notifications and the lock screen
- Broadcast Receivers
- Glide library to download bitmaps
- And much more...
Take this journey with me and learn the best practice way to build an audio streaming application on Android.