Programming Guide of Cognex In-Sight Machine Vision Systems in Easy Builder - PLC Automation SCADA Development HMI
What you'll learn
- Understand different applications of vision systems.
- Be able to deploy a Cognex In-Sight application into a manufacturing environment.
- Detect defects, take measurements and inspect products.
- Configure a Cognex camera, wire it into a set of IO, program it on a PLC & install a fully functional system.
- Basic understanding of industrial control systems & circuits.
- Basic understanding of computer software, ability to install programs and follow software based instructions.
- Optional - Access to a Cognex In-Sight camera system (~200$ on eBay).
In this class, you will be learning about vision systems, their purpose within a manufacturing setting as well as how to develop an application for a Cognex In-Sight Machine Vision System.
We will start by learning the typical ways machine vision systems are employed in todays manufacturing. "Why are they needed?", "How do they operate?" as well as "What are their capabilities?" will be some of the topics we will explore.
We will then take a deep dive into the hardware involved within the Cognex In-Sight ecosystem. We will go over the setup you'd need to achieve in order to properly install one of these vision systems on the manufacturing floor, pass signals back and fourth and be able to communicate with it in a reliable fashion. As we progress through the next sections, we will revisit some of our initial hardware considerations and explore them further.
The core of the class will be spent learning about the In-Sight explorer application. This tool allows a vision systems programmer to create, troubleshoot and modify existing vision system applications. As we progress through the course, you will become familiar with the different tools & techniques at your disposal and which role they will play in your environment.
At the end of each section, you will face a brief quiz which will test your knowledge and make sure that you're getting the most out of the material covered within the class.
What are the requirements for the class?
- You don't need any hardware or software to follow the lectures, however, Cognex provides a free software package as well as an emulator which you may use to practice.
- The hardware we will be utilizing within the course can be purchased on Ebay at around 200-500$USD. It's not required, but does give you an opportunity for hands on practice.
- You will know how to wire in the Cognex In-Sight Camera Hardware
- You will know how to establish communication with the Cognex Camera in In-Sight Explorer
- You will know how to create a new application in Easy Builder.
- You will know how to utilize most of programming tools within Easy Builder.
- You will know how to troubleshoot and tweak the application in order to meet the specific needs you may have.
- You will know how to properly setup inputs & outputs for the Cognex camera application.
- Technicians who work with Vision Systems.
- Electrical Engineers who work with Vision Systems.
- Manufacturing personnel who's exposed to or looking to learn how to work with vision systems.
- Managers & Supervisors of those who work with vision systems.
- Anyone who's interested in learning about industrial machine vision & its current applications & capabilities.
- A controls engineer or technician who's looking to learn about vision systems, how they work and how to use them in their job.
- Anyone who is currently working with or is going to work with vision systems within the scope of their position.
- Anyone who's curious about the capabilities of an industrial vision system and the role they play in manufacturing.