What you'll learn
- Understand lists, arrays, tuples, dictionaries, sets, and data structures and HOW THEY ARE USED in computer programming
- Use PyCharm and Visual Studio Code, two industry tools that are FREE
- Learn how to THINK LIKE A COMPUTER PROGRAMMER and code computer programs
- Focus on practical skills and LEARN BY DOING approach in a fun, beginner-friendly way
- Taking my Computer Programming for Beginners course is a recommended prerequisite.
- A Windows computer, Linux machine, or a Mac (all software in the course is free and installation is explained step-by-step)
- Excitement and enthusiasm about learning Computer Programming
By the end of this course you will have an understanding of the following:
- Professional industry code editors PyCharm and Visual Studio Code and the ability to navigate and code in these programs. Code more efficiently and effectively using these FREE tools!
- 2 hands-on projects that you will have created from scratch:
- A Tic Tac Toe application in Python, complete with User Interfaces, User Input Recognition, and Artificial Intelligence code so that a user can play against the computer.
Section 2 of this course is Collections and Data Structures. In this section we will learn all about data structures, lists, arrays, dictionaries, tuples, and sets. We will learn what each of these is, why and how they are used, and their role in computer programming. By the end of this section you will have a solid understanding of these key programming constructs.
Section 3 is Collections and Data Structures in Python. In this section we will get hands-on exposure learning how the following data structures and collections are used in Python and the different options Python gives us to work with them:
- Data Structures
- Data Structures
Section 5 is Hands-On Python Programming. We will build our Python skills with a learn-by-doing approach as we develop a Tic Tac Toe application that allows the user to face the computer in a game of Tic Tac Toe. During this section I will walk you step by step through the different phases of building this application from looking at an overview of the project, setting up the UI, coding the user input and core program logic, coding the AI logic, and testing out the finished product. By the end of this section you will have a desktop application you built using Python.
Section 7 is the Course Summary and Wrap-Up. This section will review what we learned in the course. By the end of this section you will feel accomplished at all of the hands-on skills you built up in the course.
This Course Features
- 7 sections of content totaling over 2 hours run-time!
- Beginners interested in learning Computer Programming
- Aspiring software engineers
- Anyone who wants to learn Python or who has basic Python knowledge