Cypress in detail. 34 hours of content, e-commerce store for real life experience and 400+ code examples.
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, you will be able to build simplistic to advanced automation tests for any Web Application using Cypress
- You will gain advanced knowledge to build both UI and API tests
- Learn XHR/API testing using Cypress for building smart Automation tests
- Complete understanding of Cypress components for generating test execution videos, screenshots & reports
- You will understand how to execute your tests in parallel using a CI system (Jenkins & Agents)
- You will learn advanced architectural concepts (Page Object Modelling and more)
- Some knowledge of programming would be beneficial (not critical)
- Some basic JS, HTML and CSS knowledge would also be useful (not critical)
This is the most detailed Cypress course on Udemy. It includes 34 hours of content, 400+ code examples, comes with a dedicated e-commerce store to gain real world experience and covers every subject in great detail. You will learn Cypress to an advanced level and gain a competitive edge to meet job requirements.
Key Topics this course covers:
- Fundamentals of Cypress io
- Setting up Cypress cleanly
- Creating a range of UI and API tests (beginner to advanced level)
- Statics gathering and analysis using the Cypress dashboard
- Triggering tests using a CI system (Jenkins)
- Parallel test execution (in great detail)
- Advanced API testing
- Advanced reporting
- And much more (check out the course syllabus)
- Easy setup - Installing Cypress is simple. No dependencies, extra downloads, or changes to your code required.
- Write tests - Write tests easily and quickly, and watch them execute in real time as you build your web application.
- Run tests - Debugging your tests in CI is as easy as running tests locally. With built in parallelization and load balancing.
- Record tests - Record CI test data, screenshots and video - and view aggregated, next-level insights in your Dashboard.
- Developer friendly - Cypress has been made specifically for developers and QA engineers, to help them get more done.
- Open source - Cypress benefits from our amazing open source community - and Cypresses tools are evolving better and faster than if we worked on them alone.
- Built from the ground up - Cypress is based on a completely new architecture. No more Selenium. Lots more power.
- Time travel - Cypress takes snapshots as your tests run. Simply hover over commands in the Command Log to see exactly what happened at each step.
- Debugging - Stop guessing why your tests are failing. Debug directly from familiar tools like Chrome DevTools. The readable errors and stack traces make debugging lightning fast.
- Real time reloads - Cypress automatically reloads whenever you make changes to your tests. See commands execute in real time in your app.
- Automatic waiting - Never add waits or sleeps to your tests. Cypress automatically waits for commands and assertions before moving on. No more async hell.
- This course combines all of the BEST free knowledge that is out there in one place
- This course is taught by a real automation test engineer that is an automation test lead at his place of employment
- This course has been designed, refined and perfected to maximise the learning experience
- This course perfects the teaching techniques by experience learned from the mentors previous courses
- Before and after code examples provided on almost every coding lecture
- Questions usually always answered in 24 hours
- Course recorded using high quality recording software and microphone to give the best learning experience
Who this course is for:
- Students completely new to automation testing
- Manual testers looking to enter the automation testing space
- Anyone interested in automation testing and wanting to learn one of the most popular frameworks out there
- Front end developers interested in automation testing using a language they will be familiar with
- Intermediate and advanced students wanting to learn new concepts and techniques