How to Create Interactive Business Intelligence Dashboard Reports with DAX Power Pivot
What you'll learn
- Plan, plot, build fully interactive, dynamic Dashboard Reports
- Adapt to scenarios where data doesn't "fit" the brief
- Create "Negative" Bar & Column Charts
- Create "Scrollable" tables when space is limited
- Record a Macro and edit VBA code to automate Sparklines
- Dax Power Pivot basic knowledge
- MS Excel 2016 with Power Pivot enabled
- IMPORTANT: You need a version of Excel that is compatible with Power Pivot (Excel 2013/2016/2019 Standalone, Office 365, Enterprise E3/E5, Office Professional 2016, etc.)
- This course is designed for PC users (Power Pivot is currently unavailable with Excel for Mac)
DAX Dashboard Design – 10 Easy Steps will guide you through the entire process of Dashboard creation covering every part of the process - in depth. From creating an element grid system to automating Sparklines with VBA - start to finish
By learning advanced techniques, you will impress the decision-makers in your organisation, making you an irreplaceable asset in the process
Demand for Data Visualization alone is projected to grow by 44% and Pivot Table skills by 34%
That's great news for us DAX Power Pivot and MS Excel users because IBM are projecting that the number of jobs for all data professionals in the United States will increase by 15% by 2020*
"The skills projected to grow the fastest include advanced analytical competencies—such as Data Science and Machine Learning—as well as Data Visualization–related skills and basic analytical tools, such as Pivot Tables in Excel, that are increasingly required across job categories."
* Source: IBM: The Quant Crunch, how the demand for data science skills is disrupting the job market
To propel you on your way to "DAX Data Dominance", my latest course in the 10 Easy Steps series will teach you how to create data visualisations in the form of interactive Dashboard Reports that uses DAX Power Pivot and Pivot Charts.
Description & What You Will Learn
- The course begins with creating the Power Pivot Data Model
- You will draw on your experience of DAX Power Pivot by creating relationships, calculated columns, measures and KPI's
- Throughout your studies, I share Top-Tips I use to acquire the real KPI’s stakeholders expect - leaving the guess work out and limiting the chances of Dashboard rejection
- With a clear view and plan of action, you enter the next phase and begin building each element of the Dashboard with Pivot Charts and Reference Tables displaying key metrics and revealing hidden trends
- Slicers, Timelines and Sparklines enhance the user experience presenting the data in an automated, dynamic format and Text Cells provide added value that all stakeholders and end users have come to expect
- Having the skills to adapt to stakeholder demands will be handled with ease and confidence as you learn how to create “negative” Column and Bar Charts and “Scrollable Tables” for when Dashboard space is limited or when the brief changes
- Take advantage of MS Excel's pre-formatted Themes to maintain consistency and standards
- You will learn how to Lock Down the Dashboard ready for publication
- Code simple VBA to tie the Named Ranges and Macro to automate Sparkline update
With your new skills nailed and your confidence levels soaring, the course ends with a fun Dashboard Challenge assignment and an opportunity to test your Dashboarding skills
Who is the target audience?
- Whether you are an employee, contractor, consultant or you just want to learn an in-demand skill that can help propel your career prospects, this is the perfect course to get you noticed. Trust me on this – it happened to me in a job role that had nothing to do with Dashboard Reporting – it opens doors!
- If you want to maximise the likelihood of increased pay, promotions or better contracts then DAX Dashboard Design is an extremely worthwhile and marketable skill to have
- This course is designed to take your intermediate-level DAX Power Pivot and MS Excel skills to the next level and beyond
"Good course - well thought out and presented. I like the fact that Gilly provides a work along manual with which to follow. That's the biggest plus. She's taken the time to create this material - use it as you follow along with her - its a great reference. The mini quiz at the end of each chapter helps to reinforce the concepts which were covered. The practice exercises at the end of each chapter along with her review of those exercises further help reinforce what is being taught. Her work is well thought out, presented in an easy and enjoyable format and at the end - you feel confident with what you have learned"
"Enjoyable and useful content, geared for real world application by an engaging tutor. Highly recommended to those seeking to build effective dashboards in Excel"
"Gilly’s, Latest Addition, DAX Dashboard Design in her 10 Easy Steps Series courses continues to build off of the previous courses bringing your skill levels up to become extremely efficient in excel. If you already know some PowerPivot and PowerQuery you can start right off with this course DAX Dashboard Design to learn dashboard techniques and procedures to tie it all together. Gilly is a brilliant teacher who clearly has a in-depth understanding of how power pivot, and power Query works and is able to break it down and simplifies it so you know how it works and understand how to use it in your day-to-day data analytics If you will follow along and do the exercises when you’re done with a lesson you fully understand how to implement and use the power pivot and PowerQuery and Dax function for all your data work and dashboards to the fullest creating amazing reports. I highly recommend Gilly courses. Well done, thanks"
"This was my second class from Gilly. Absolutely excellent! I really like the format. She has an excellent written guide and first-rate examples. I like to watch the video first, then work from the guide off-line. I am going to sign up for a third class"
Thanks for taking the time to check out my course. I can't wait to help you take the next step in developing your Dashboard Reporting skills. I have used Excel 2016 to demonstrate this fantastic tool but you can follow along in Excel 2010 & 2013 - I'll do my best to point out the differences.
If you have any questions about the course, feel free to message me here or check out the FREE preview lectures to learn more.
Take the first steps to a new and rewarding future by clicking on the TAKE THIS COURSE button, located on the top right corner of the page.
Who this course is for:
- If you have a passion MS Excel
- If you want to test your DAX Power Pivot skills
- If you want to convey Business Insights and Trends at a glance
- All workers seeking raises, recognition, promotions and better prospects