Deploy Layer 4/Layer 7 Load Balancing, HTTPS, HTTP/2 and TLS 1.3 with Envoy
What you'll learn
- Layer 7 Load Balancing between services
- Layer 4 Load Balancing between services
- Block Undesired Requests and Re-route requests to different services
- Enable HTTPS with letsEncrypt
- Enable HTTP/2 with Envoy
- Enable Secure TLS
- Linux or Mac
Envoy is an open source L7 proxy and communication bus Originally built at Lyft to move their architecture away from a monolith. The project was born out of the belief that:
The network should be transparent to applications. When network and application problems do occur it should be easy to determine the source of the problem.
In this course, I want to discuss Envoy and enable it as HTTP and TCP load balancer and also Enable full HTTPS on it.
Who this course is for:
- Engineers who want to deploy high performance load balancer
- Engineers interested in Proxy technology, reverse proxy and load balancing
- Engineers who want to understand how to enable TLS and HTTPS