Master how to automate repetitive tasks, shape and transform data with Power Query and present reports with Power View
What you'll learn
- Create Power Queries to automate repetitive tasks
- Create Power View reports with stunning visuals
- Enhance Power View Reports with images and interactive maps
- Apply the functionality of Power Pivot and DAX to create portable Measures
- IMPORTANT: You need a version of Excel that is compatible with Power Pivot (Excel 2013/2016/2019 Standalone, Office 365, Enterprise E3/E5, Office Professional 2016, etc.)
- This course is designed for PC users (Power Pivot is currently unavailable with Excel for Mac)
- An understanding of Power Pivot and DAX is advised BUT not essential
- Power Pivot installed and ready to use
What's the course about?
Power View is a data visualization tool that enables the creation of interactive charts, maps and other visuals that bring your data to life in stunning reports.
Power Query is an intuitive tool that lets you manipulate, transform, consolidate, enrich, merge and do much more with your data.
Power Query acts as an "ETL" tool which means it Extracts data from almost any data source, Transforms that data and then Loads it - in our case that's either an Excel worksheet, Power View report or Power Pivot data model.
Here's what other thought about the course:
"Very enjoyable course with many real world examples. Gilly's enthusiasm for the Microsoft Wizardry is wonderful and spurs you on to master it. I look forward to more courses by Gilly!"
- Douglas Paterson
"Very easy to understand"
- Dale Pierce
Who is this course for?
Users that employ Excel 2016 on a daily basis and want to exploit the full power of the new Excel Business Intelligence tools in to improve their reporting and data crunching capabilities HAVE TO TAKE THIS COURSE!
IT & BI Specialists
Professionals that are in charge of the data warehouse management of their company and need to understand how to provide support to analysts who need to extract data from different analytical and relational sources HAVE TO TAKE THIS COURSE!
What's in it for me?
As a Microsoft Excel trainer, I understand that the value of a training course is in making sure students learn skills that they can apply in their daily jobs.
My goal - with every course I create and deliver - is to ensure that all students learn practical skills that can be applied in the real world. To maximize learning, I provide:
- Solid instruction
- Follow along downloadable files
- Practice exercises and solutions
- Supporting pdf user guide
- Discover the Canvas & Visualizations
- Switch to Matrix, Cards, Callouts or Charts
- Learn how Power View filters data
- To Slice or TILE BY - decisions, decisions....
- Work with multiple tables and create relationships
- Create stunning reports with images and interactive maps
- Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the Query Editor
- Learn how to transform messy data into useful data sets
- Append multiple file types together into a single data set
- Merge tables - if you like VLookup - you're gonna love this!
- Combine multiple Excel files
- Create your own custom columns with Power Query “M” language expression builder
I provide all the files you need to follow along and a fully supporting pdf user guide detailing all the steps and practice exercises with solutions.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my course. I can't wait to help you take the next step in developing your Microsoft Excel skills. I have used Excel 2016 to demonstrate this fantastic tool and you’ll need Power Pivot installed ready to go.
If you have any questions about the course, feel free to message me here or check out the FREE preview lectures to learn more. Take the first steps to a new and rewarding future by clicking on the TAKE THIS COURSE button, located on the top right corner of the page.
Who this course is for:
- If you're wasting time carrying out repetitive tasks to "ready", filter and/or "shape" data - you're going to love this!
- If you want to present your data in dashboard style reports - Power View is a must
- If just selecting the Refresh option updates your Data Model and Reports sounds good - you're going to learn how
- If data is delivered in different file formats and you want to append or merge into one - Power Query has all the tools