Learn in built transformation to M Language, Power Query patterns, Custom M Functions, Parameters
What you'll learn
- At the end of this Power Query Training you would understand basic to advanced level of M Language
- Custom M Function, Parameters, Readymade Power Query Patterns
- You would be able to perform various complex data cleansing activities using Power Query
- You would be able to automate various task which would have taken long hours of work.
- You should have basic knowledge of using Excel.
- You should be aware about Table feature in Excel.
- You should have Excel 2010 / 2013 / 2016 version installed in your PC.
- You would need to install Power Query if you are using Excel 2010 or 2013. (will be shown during the course intro)
This course is COMBO of my two individual courses -
- Excel Power Query - Beginners
- Advanced Excel Power Query - M Language, troubleshoot, Custom M function, Power Query patterns
"A great class - worth the money and time investment. Instructor convey's knowledge with a clear and concise approach. He continues to offer little nuggets of information where you will find yourself saying: 1 - "whoa - wait a second, rewind - he did what?" 2 - "WOW - now that is cool!" The level to training you receive from Abhay - well worth the investment. " - Bart W.
Awesome, must for beginners and advanced users of Power Query. I simply had to question myself whether i should enroll in multiple courses or this single course? And deciding factor for me was learning in multiple courses would have been similar and enrolling in this single course i would have learn more areas compared to multiple courses. - Morgan Seth
Abhay has produced an excellent course on how to manage some of the more complex tasks in PQ. In particular the thought processes applied in utilising patterns in data cleansing are extremely useful in understanding how to massage data into a usable format. A Goto video for me when struggling to get data how I want. - Mike Pease
It seems to be the course on Power Query that I was looking for. I had enrolled into multiple course but learned the same thing over again, this course covered lot of things. Better to enroll into this one course instead of multiple courses. - MG
At the outset I thank you for showing interest in this course.
In this video I will provide overview of all the contents of this course and what are basic requirements before you enroll into this course. So let’s get started.
There are four major areas I will be covering as part of this course. The first one is for troubleshooting the Power Query errors and workaround for limitation of Power Query. In real any software is not foolproof and has its own limitation. Also, if you don’t use the software as programmed you may encounter errors. And I hope you would agree that error codes or description in most of the software are not that user friendly or they do not provide appropriate solution to resolve the error. Hence in this first section I will show some of the common areas where you face Power Query limitation and errors. Some of them are as follows:
- Error encountered with adding / rename / deleting a particular column headings.
- Handling null values during arithmetic calculation.
- Identify error rows encountered while creating or on refresh of query.
- Multiplying effect when you JOIN queries
- Issues with filters and how to use advanced filters.
- Applying local setting when converting the dates fields
- Leave dataset which needed leave details to be broken into separate rows from a single cell.
- Unstack the dataset which has uneven details
- Combine multiple rows data back to single cell.
And now finally in last section I will be providing some readymade patterns for power query. I will provide all the power query code which you can copy paste into your file and start using it. You will not need to create any new query for these patterns. Since creating these patterns using power query requires lot of efforts and also very complex I am providing you these as ready to use.
So now before you enroll I would like to tell you that there are few requirements.
First one is that you should have latest version of Power Query installed if you are using Excel 2010 / 2013 or if you are using Excel 2016 then it should be updated.
Second and most important is that you should have prior knowledge of using Power Query.
So that is it. There are no further requirements other than these two. So what are you waiting for, enroll now into the course.
Who this course is for:
- Novice Excel user to Advanced Excel users
- People performing Data Analytics in Excel, Power Pivot, Power BI, Tableau, Python, R
- Business Intelligence Specialists using Excel, Tableau, Power Pivot, Power BI, Python, R
- Data Analysts / Financial Analysts using Excel, Tableau, Power Pivot, Power BI, Python, R
- If you or your team needs to fetch data from different sources and transform it so that it can be used in Excel for further analysis, then this course will help you master Power Query features from scratch
- IT specialists who performs Extract Transform & Load (ETL) activities for business