Gatsby e-commerce stack! Use Gatsby JS & Shopify lite to build Gatsby ecommerce stores (with dynamic cart & checkout!)
What you'll learn
- Learn Gatsby
- Learn how to use Shopify
- Query Shopify data from Gatsby using GraphQL
- Build a fully functional e-commerce site using Gatsby & GraphQL
- Use React styled components to style our site
- Creating a mobile-first responsive e-commerce layout
- Build a dynamic cart and dynamic inventory check for our products
- A basic understanding of React JS
- Be able to install Node and NPM locally on your machine
- Have either a Windows or Mac OS machine
Do you want to improve your React JS skills and increase your value as a front-end developer?
- "Gatsby lets you build blazing fast sites with your data, whatever the source. Liberate your sites from legacy CMSs and fly into the future."
In this course we'll be building a HYBRID dynamic + static Gatsby e-commerce site using Shopify to manage our product data and orders!
Level-up your React skillset by learning Gatsby.js with a Shopify backend! Gatsby JS uses React JS and GraphQL to generate and build static pages from a given dataset. This course will look at setting up Shopify to manage our products and customer orders, while using GatsbyJS to generate a blazing-fast server-rendered React website from Shopify data.
We'll be creating a fully functioning e-commerce website in this course, looking at initial setup and development of Gatsby JS and Shopify locally, creating React components in Gatsby based on Shopify product and collection data, and querying Shopify data with GraphQL to automatically generate our static pages.
We'll also be creating a dynamic cart and inventory check to make sure products are available in real-time.
We'll look at how we can query Shopify data with GraphQL using the GraphiQL browser tool. Once we're familiar and comfortable developing with GatsbyJS and Shopify, we'll progress onto setting up and deploying a live website using Netlify that re-builds our static web pages every time we update content in our Shopify backend.
It's recommended you have rudimentary knowledge of React. We'll be covering everything else from Gatsby.js, Shopify, GraphQL, and styled-components!
Speed past the competition with Gatsby!
Gatsby.js builds the fastest possible website. Instead of waiting to generate pages when requested, Gatsby pre-builds pages and lifts them into a global cloud of servers (we'll be using Netlify for this) - ready to be delivered instantly to your users wherever they are.
Some advantages of using Gatsby include:
- No waiting for API responses
- No waiting to render components based on requested data
- No loading spinners!
- No waiting for a server to compile a page to serve to the browser - these pages are already pre-compiled with Gatsby and ready to serve instantly to your users!
Who this course is for:
- React developers who want to increase their value and skillset
- React developers who want to get ahead of the game and learn more than the average developer
- Developers who want to generate and create rapid e-commerce websites