Share your geospatial data with the world
What you'll learn
- Learn what GeoServer is, what it does, and why you might use it
- Install a local version of GeoServer on your computer
- Learn the basics using the standard sample data provided with GeoServer
- Implement your own GeoServer project in the cloud
- Load your own data to the cloud, style it, and publish it
- Query your data using parameterized SQL views and CQL
- Work with your GeoServer data in QGIS or ArcGIS
- Publish your own web mapping applications that use your GeoServer data.
- Basic familiarity with geospatial data, client-server applications, and spatial databases
Geoserver is open-source server software that allows you to publish your geospatial data as a web service. This course will explain what GeoServer is, why and when you need it. We will explore the basics of GeoServer using sample data on a local host version installed on your. computer. Then we will walk through the steps of setting up a project in GeoServer using your own data.
We will see how to set up GeoServer on a hosting service in the cloud, load your data to it, configure users accounts and set their privileges to view and edit your data, filter your data with SQL views and CQL, and finally create your own web mapping applications that use your data from GeoServer so that you can share it with the world.
Who this course is for:
- Geospatial professionals who need to be able to provide geospatial data as a web service