Learn how to use SQL-powered queries in Google BigQuery to analyze marketing data and find meaningful insights.
What you'll learn
- Become a technical marketer who is savvy in both digital marketing and data analysis
- Exploring eCommerce and CRM user-level data in Google Analytics 360 (Project #1)
- Write advanced queries with UNNEST, STRUCT and ARRAY_AGG
- Query multiple tables with different type of JOIN statements - INNER, LEFT and RIGHT
- Aggregate data with SUM, COUNT, GROUP BY and create aliases with AS
- Understand subqueries by using the WITH clause
- Visualize BigQuery tables and queries in Google Data Studio (Project #2)
- Identify high-value customers and activate insights in Google Ads
- Understanding of Digital Marketing (Not Required, but Highly Recommended)
- Google BigQuery Sandbox (Free and Provided)
- Google Data Studio Account (Free and Provided)
LATEST CONTENT UPDATE: August, 2020
Welcome to Google BigQuery for Marketers and Agencies, the Google BigQuery course that focuses on growing the technical knowledge and expertise of the marketing professional! This course is designed to bridge the gap between data analysis and digital marketing, and help you become a data-driven decision-maker. The course curriculum is put together in a progressive fashion, starting with an introduction to the most useful SQL queries for marketers, the role of both BigQuery and SQL in the larger data ecosystem, and then diving into two hands-on projects, where you can use everything you have learned.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explore eCommerce and CRM user-level data in Google Analytics 360 (Project #1)
- Visualize active queries and data tables in Google Data Studio (Project #2)
- Explore semi-structured data with ARRAY_AGG, UNNEST and STRUCT
- Filter values with the WHERE clause to identify insights
- Ingest .CSV files and create permanent BigQuery tables
- Combine multiple data tables with different types of JOINs - INNER, LEFT and RIGHT
- Aggregate data with SUM, COUNT and GROUP BY
- Create nested queries by using the WITH clause
Lachezar Arabadzhiev is a digital markitech with 4+ years of experience in performance analytics and data visualization. Lachezar began his career as a digital marketer at Microsoft, but soon transitioned to the measurement and analytics world, where he has had the opportunity to work with major brands such as Air Canada, RBC, Kimberly-Clark, Mazda and HSBC.
Lachezar has been working with Data Studio and BigQuery since early 2017 and has built a wide variety of visualizations and automation flows. From performance-based dashboards with joined GMP sources (Google Analytics 360, Campaign Manager and Display & Video 360) to audience-driven segmentation views with user-level eCommerce data.
Lachezar is a certified GMP expert and an official speaker at the Canadian Google Data & Analytics Summit, 2018.
Who this course is for:
- Digital Marketers
- Campaign Managers
- Performance Managers
- Paid Media Managers
- SEO/SEM Specialists
- AdOps Specialists
- Digital Analysts